2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 06:26 AM)
I'm not sure bad coaching by the opponents files it into deserving to lose. It wasn't the refs.

Yeah. I don't see any similarities in the MSU loss and this win. I thought going for the win was the right move for Minn the way their offense was rolling and the defense finally made a play.

I stayed away from everything college football for a few days after the MSU loss so I don't know if any Michigan fans came on here to say MSU didn't deserve it. It was a fluke but the lack of execution by Michigan lost it. It was their own fault. Dropped 1st down passes, etc.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
ACC refs

ACC refs also gave Duke three questionable PI calls on final drive and ruled a TD for the Duke QB when there was no way he got in. Of course for some reason there wasn't a camera angle from down the goal line so the play stood. Time would've ran out before the next snap.

College officiating is terrible.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 08:25 AM)
Yeah. I don't see any similarities in the MSU loss and this win. I thought going for the win was the right move for Minn the way their offense was rolling and the defense finally made a play.

I stayed away from everything college football for a few days after the MSU loss so I don't know if any Michigan fans came on here to say MSU didn't deserve it. It was a fluke but the lack of execution by Michigan lost it. It was their own fault. Dropped 1st down passes, etc.

As opposed to the lack of execution by Minnesota? I'm not saying it's the exact same thing, but it's similar in that one team had the game won and blew it based on a surprising series of events. Just like Michigan blew the game with MSU doing little to win it themselves, Minnesota's mistakes only required one goal line stop by Michigan's defense.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 05:07 AM)
No reason to be rude. Was just commenting on how lucky your school was. They deserved to lose.

Why? Because they stopped Minnesota from scoring on a do or die play? Or because they took the lead with a backup QB? And converting a 2 point conversion that proved to be the difference. I don't particularly like Michigan but I'm not sure how they deserved to lose.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

College officiating is terrible.

Yeah, apparently moving forward at the snap is no longer an illegal motion penalty. Lost track of how many times that has been missed.

That, and every single touch is now pass interference, offense and defense both.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:54 AM)
Does he suddenly have to pay out-of-state tuition for a semester? That would suck big time for him.

Yes. If its only for a semester its about 14k, if its for year its almost 30. Yikes. Plus the fees and court costs and lawyer fees. Expensive mistake.

s*** with books and everything else a year is over 40k? f***

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 11:02 AM)
Yes. If its only for a semester its about 14k, if its for year its almost 30. Yikes. Plus the fees and court costs and lawyer fees. Expensive mistake.

s*** with books and everything else a year is over 40k? f***

So if he declares for the NFL draft there is no further punishment other than the one game suspension as I assume whenever a player declares they lose their scholarship anyway. He can also earn it back....whatever that means.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
So if he declares for the NFL draft there is no further punishment other than the one game suspension as I assume whenever a player declares they lose their scholarship anyway. He can also earn it back....whatever that means.

Huh?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)
Marty Smith ‏@MartySmithESPN 4m4 minutes ago

Ohio State clarifies Urban Meyer loss of scholarship comment from earlier, saying JT Barrett will forfeit "Summer aid" benefit for 2016.

So he has to pay for summer school classes if he attends?

Checking, I believe its the room and board, food stipend for the summer which is during the term.

Oh and they all attend summer school, its the only way to make up the credits to graduate on time. These guys dont take 22 hours during the season.

unrelated: I took summer classes every year, it was my favorite time of the year.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 11:48 AM)
Checking, I believe its the room and board, food stipend for the summer which is during the term.

Oh and they all attend summer school, its the only way to make up the credits to graduate on time. These guys dont take 22 hours during the season.

unrelated: I took summer classes every year, it was my favorite time of the year.

Or he can choose to not attend summer classes and lose nothing.

i saw on twitter that the entire officiating crew from Miami/Duke was suspended. They need to just centralize the replay call to the Conference ref office like the NFL lets new york make the replay calls. That was an absolute travesty

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
If he declares for the draft what does he lose? He is a red shirt sophomore.

Meyer also said he could earn it back which I assume is no great feat to accomplish.

Can he also transfer and not have to sit out?

So you are saying he should declare or transfer right now instead of waiting one game until he can play again?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
i saw on twitter that the entire officiating crew from Miami/Duke was suspended. They need to just centralize the replay call to the Conference ref office like the NFL lets new york make the replay calls. That was an absolute travesty

Yes, the travesty was how the refs were able to get Duke the lead on the final drive. Also the penalties they called on Miami throughout. Almost as if they were looking for a reason to throw the flag before each snap.