37 members have voted

1. 1. who?

• Carroll
    • Penny
    • Guerra
    • Cleto
    • Webb
    • Albers

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 05:59 AM)
Why do you guys like Guerra?

He's solid, and has some pretty good stuff. He has proven it in the past. It's not like were asking him to be an 8th or 9th inning, he would likely enter the 6th or 7th pending on situation.

Also, this is how I could see the pitching staff looks like with the sale injury.

Samardzija, Quintana, Noesi, Danks, Drabek

Robertson, Duke, Petricka, Guerra, Jennings, Putnam, Albers.

Then Sale comes back, Drabek becomes long man and can DFA Albers. I could definitely see that happening.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
He's solid, and has some pretty good stuff. He has proven it in the past. It's not like were asking him to be an 8th or 9th inning, he would likely enter the 6th or 7th pending on situation.

Also, this is how I could see the pitching staff looks like with the sale injury.

Then Sale comes back, Drabek becomes long man and can DFA Albers. I could definitely see that happening.

i guess i miss this, but a long story short, i can see that. i am kinda of lost, i thought he was most relief pitcher. but if he is a long relief, i guess he can work.

so is he taking Penny slot, or are they going to try to sneak him in the minors. i think this will be a good time to make that move. everyone will be looking to trim their roster.

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
Ehh, he was pretty good out of the pen in a limited sample size and he had his moments as a starter. I think he could be a decent swingman. A guy who can give us long relief and the occasional spot start would be nice.

I'm somewhat hopeful that Beck can be an upgrade to Penny / Carroll before too long.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
As am I. The rest of the board seems particularly bearish on him so we probably stand alone here Stan. With Rodon being the "6th starter", I think Beck should be the 7th once he settles in at Charlotte.

let me see. Beck or Penny..... for me that is simple. Beck.

all i wanted to see of Beck coming in this yr, is the reason why he was so thought of, in other words, pitch the lights out.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 28, 2015 -> 06:59 AM)

Also closing experience with the Dodgers...