Sox home opener is a sell out

southsider2k5

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 11:42 PM)
just doesn't help get people to the park. Part of the reason attendance is so high is that at 90% of modern parks parking or public transit is a given. Doesn't really seem like enough people know to just park and take the train. Maybe it's the bad rep the neighborhood has it's a perceived safety thing for many.

Dude, parking at the Cell is a complete non-issue outside of the occasional sellout. People are just b****ing because they'll have to park in the overfill lots if they don't get to the game super early, which is really just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. I seriously doubt most MLB parks have much more parking than the White Sox.

And if you don't want to do a traditional tailgate (BBQ, bags, etc), taking some form of train and/or L is an option, especially if you live in the city or it's a weekend day game. You can still get to the park early and go to Barcardi at the Park (or whatever it's called now) or one of the local bars within walking distance. The neighborhood is perfectly safe as long as you stick to the beaten path. The perception that the surrounding area is dangerous is pretty much outdated IMO.

Not to be a dick, but have you attended games at the Cell before? You seem to be very unfamilar with the area.

Red Line, Green Line, Metra all stop by USCF, and the Sox have more parking spots per fan in the stands than anyone. People have complained before that the Sox needed to get rid of some lots and have bars and restaurants built.

If there is anything to complain about, it will be the lack of direction in the lots after the game. Hope you get an easy out or it is going to be a while.

Edited by Dick Allen

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
After yesterday it looks like even the scout seats are being dumped for pennies

What does that mean? People are dumb enough to dump their home opener tickets because of one game? The first game? That is laughable.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
After yesterday it looks like even the scout seats are being dumped for pennies

Scout seats on stub hub selling for $500 a piece. I think we have different definitions of pennies.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
Makes me think the Sox have done a really poor job figuring out how to make it simple for folks. They need something better than "take the train".

I would disagree. There's certainly better parking than for Cubs games. Do you imagine there is a better situation if you try to park at Yankee Stadium? Or Citi Field? Or Fenway Park? Or in an other legitimately population-dense city

General rule for going someplace where 40,000 people are: if you can help it, don't have a car with you.

I live a few miles from Dodger Stadium. I am sure driving in and out of there sucks amazingly bad.