World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling III Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 10:10 PM)
Amazing how much Reigns got booed considering the reaction he had been getting the last month

There were only 3 guys the fans wanted to win. AJ, Brock, and a guy who was cleared to return to ring but denied by WWE.

Whenever I think about bonehead moves like this, I always remember to think that WWE sells to the kids. So while this may be a bonehead move to anyone above 16 years old, the WWE knows what it is doing.

I'm sure the writers weren't that lame to write it as such, but it is what sells to the kids.

QUOTE (TheCut87 @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
My money is on Rollins if he is healthy in time. Perfect timing to baby face him

There's no way Rollins is back by mania. He may not be back by summerslam.

Can we stop having eliminated guys be able to run back in to eliminate guys? It's so dumb.

Why didn't Roman run into help Dean after everything he went through tonight?

Simple writing would help things but WWE makes it too complicated

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 04:19 AM)
Can we stop having eliminated guys be able to run back in to eliminate guys? It's so dumb.

Why didn't Roman run into help Dean after everything he went through tonight?

Simple writing would help things but WWE makes it too complicated

Couldn't agree more, so dumb how Brock was eliminated

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Eh I liked how Brock went. Wyatts were monsters in the match and took 4 guys and cheating to take him out. Fitting.

Then have them beat him down but have Bray toss him.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 10:29 PM)
I've actually been a fan of HHH on the mic, and I loves me some Steph so it's whatever.

I'm a fan of wrestling, and so long as there is some quality wrestling/wrestlers on the undercard, I'll still watch.

And undercard with Styles vs KO, Charlotte vs Sasha is a good start

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 11:35 PM)
Sorry to spam up thread but I now would be fully shocked if Daniel Bryan ever returns to a WWE ring.

Wouldn't shock me either way. I don't think they wanted to bring him back for Rumble so the fans wouldn't s*** on everyone else.

I don't think he'll simply fade away without saying he's done though. Until that happens, I think he'll be back.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 10:35 PM)
Sorry to spam up thread but I now would be fully shocked if Daniel Bryan ever returns to a WWE ring.

There was 0% chance he was coming back tonight even if he was cleared. He'd have to win. And no way he was winning because it's not like WWE could trust him to stay healthy 2 months and headline their biggest event. Meltzer reported last week he got cleared by a third party agreed upon by wwe and him. Still doesn't necessarily mean he's coming back, but we'll see.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 12:33 AM)
And undercard with Styles vs KO, Charlotte vs Sasha is a good start

Also gonna be interesting where Ambrose and Kalisto go. Hoping they move from ADR and Kalisto. Heel Neville vs Kalisto would be fun.

Then of course New Day is always must see TV.

Are they failing to push some of these good midcarders into the main event picture? Yes. Is there still plenty of s*** worth tuning into? Absolutely.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
Eh I liked how Brock went. Wyatts were monsters in the match and took 4 guys and cheating to take him out. Fitting.

The only problem with this is we're about to have the exact same Bray Wyatt story again where he loses to Brock at mania. It's just annoying. Oh well, like Brian said we knew it was going to be Reigns or H, I'm just happy Sasha is back!

Stroman can win the battle royal. Don't want to see him wrestle a singles match.

Rock vs Vince makes no sense. Vince is 70. I'd like KO vs Styles for sure.

Fans will crap on main event. Insert Undertake and advertise it is his last ride. May retire as champ. Give fans someone to pull for in that match.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
So updated WM predictions:

HHH vs Reigns

Brock vs Bray

Rock vs Vince

Charlotte vs Sasha vs Becky

Kevin Owens vs AJ Styles

US Title Ladder match

Ambrose vs Sheamus (not sure where Dean goes)

Battle Royal

New Day vs Harper and Rowan

Taker vs Straumon

Sure seems like WWE is in no rush to bring up Finn Balor. I'm guessing Anderson and Gallows will go to NXT first and do a storyline down there?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
Stroman can win the battle royal. Don't want to see him wrestle a singles match.

Rock vs Vince makes no sense. Vince is 70. I'd like KO vs Styles for sure.

Fans will crap on main event. Insert Undertake and advertise it is his last ride. May retire as champ. Give fans someone to pull for in that match.

Those first two are in the works apparently. Rock isn't allowed to wrestle a real match and Vince wants to kill his on-screen character for good good in front of the massive crowd. Stotyline would be natural playing off hhh vs Reigns, cousin vs authority. It'd be more of a spectacle than a match. Undertaker might turn down the Stroman match since he has no work rate.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
Sure seems like WWE is in no rush to bring up Finn Balor. I'm guessing Anderson and Gallows will go to NXT first and do a storyline down there?

If I had to guess Finn drops the title at the NXT wrestlemania show and debuts Monday on the main roster.