5/9 Reds @ White Sox Doubleheader

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chris Sale @ May 9, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
I'm with you. Beckham's greatest talent seems to be instilling false hope. I just hope MGMT sees it that was as well...

IDK, I think the righty/lefty platoon seems to be working out right now. Although, Beckham's fielding is enough of an upgrade that it might justify the switch.

Either way, production from 2B/3B will be marginal. Hardly matters if Eaton/Cabrera/Abreu/LaRoche play like they are now. The only hitter (besides Abreu, who has been at worst decent) living up to preseason hopes is Avi.

I think the poor baserunning may be the best individual argument for a new manager... Baserunning is one of the clearest aspects of the game in which the manager has influence, and it's also the part of the game at which we are failing most spectacularly.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 9, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
I thought Hamilton was a better RH hitter?

I'd say left handed is his better side. But I've only watched about 5 of their games this year and they were ones that he batted lh

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 9, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
I thought Hamilton was a better RH hitter?

Hitting .176 against righties, .276 against lefties.

But given the choice between Petricka and Duke with the tying run on? Zach's been earning his role so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
Hitting .176 against righties, .276 against lefties.

But given the choice between Petricka and Duke with the tying run on? Zach's been earning his role so.

Didn't realize it was that great of a difference.

To double him up is almost impossible