GAME THREAD 5/15 - SOX @ OAK

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 15, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
He really needs to use the change up and use it effectively to be really good, IMO

Even without the change he still has 3 pitches because he has 2 different sliders, but yeah, he could still definitely do with the change

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
I didn't say leave the rotation like that. I've said I would have picked up Wandy Rodriguez off waivers for one. The Rangers did and he's been good for them, even including a meh start tonight.

Wandy does not inspire hope.

Btw, it's not an indictment of any of the players involved, but let's not act like it wasn't a reasonable gamble to make.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
That is my favorite thing about him. That start against the Royals in ST was so impressive. Different trajectory/speed on all of his sliders. That's how you get an 80 grade when you're a junior in college.

It takes a long time to master multiple speeds on multiple pitches. His ceiling is high

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
On cue. The confidence two double up on the slider on 3-2 and throw it from two different angles.

Thats incredible at his age. He will have some bad starts where he cant find it, but when its on hes filthy.