White Sox vs Blue Jays 5/27 game thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if baserunning is so bad.

In reality in this game Shuck was safe on his SB, Abreu looked to be safe but the ump was in the way of the camera replay (bad baserunning that it was even a play) and Shuck trying extend that into a double is fine with me. Also was bang bang. I'd like to see a slow replay -- he might have even been safe there.

2nd base ump seems to hate us today.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
Also off topic --- De Aza DFA today by the Orioles.

Any interest?

I'd think not. Not really adding defense or smart baserunning. I think I'd stick with Shuck.

Hell no to the lawn ornament!

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
Not sure if baserunning is so bad.

In reality in this game Shuck was safe on his SB, Abreu looked to be safe but the ump was in the way of the camera replay (bad baserunning that it was even a play) and Shuck trying extend that into a double is fine with me. Also was bang bang. I'd like to see a slow replay -- he might have even been safe there.

2nd base ump seems to hate us today.

The Sox didn't have a challenge left because they lost on the Abreu pick off.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Actually Karl Heinz came up in a conversation a few years ago and a friend of mine told me about him. I just googled this article.

I can count on one hand the people who remember him now and I know at least 3 of them. :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 27, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
DJ now unloading about the defense. "I am getting sick of seeing it..."

Not sure if I'm in the minority or not, but I love DJ... And really enjoying today hearing him talk about how bad the Sox have been playing this year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
What happened?

ball up the middle past 2nd, had to range far to get there, tried to flip the ball to Sanchez, basically rolled it to him, Sanchez did a good job keeping the ball from getting away from him, barehanded it, but was too late to get the runner. Alexei wanted a chanllenge but runner was actually safe, weakly bouncing ball did not get there fast enough.