06/24 Sox at Pirahnas

Quin

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
Ramirez isn't going to be a big leaguer next year. You'd think he'd realize this is his last contract... If he's that torn up over Minnie's death he needs to take a leave of absence for the good of the team. Get it together buddy.

Someone will gamble a million dollars or so on seeing if he can find one more year, SS is that weak of a position.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Eaton is just terrible at running through 1st base. It's not even about being lazy. It bad base running.

I'm guessing he's hurt. Pretty much all the knocks on him (not the best clubhouse guy when things aren't going well, oft injured) have proven to be true. Of course, he also was worth 3 bWAR last season, so the positives were true as well. Going to be an interesting 2nd half for him.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Pressure the defense with speed. You bust your hump every time. When did guys lose these fundamentals.

Still cracks me up thinking how in game one of the season Hawk was preaching how Vince Coleman was going to be a difference in how this team plays,,,,as with most things he could not be more wrong. Ramirez having the best season a shortstop had ever had was the another....

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
Someone will gamble a million dollars or so on seeing if he can find one more year, SS is that weak of a position.

Yea problem is that those 1 year deals are fully guaranteed, as we saw with Tank. I'd sign him for a million then if he sucked ass in spring, cya.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
I'm guessing he's hurt. Pretty much all the knocks on him (not the best clubhouse guy when things aren't going well, oft injured) have proven to be true. Of course, he also was worth 3 bWAR last season, so the positives were true as well. Going to be an interesting 2nd half for him.

He's swinging the bat better of late vs RHP. Against LHP, he has been useless.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Still cracks me up thinking how in game one of the season Hawk was preaching how Vince Coleman was going to be a difference in how this team plays,,,,as with most things he could not be more wrong. Ramirez having the best season a shortstop had ever had was the another....

lmao, you can't make this s*** up.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
Eaton hustled so much last year that he was getting injured because of it. Now that he has the money and he has a year under his belt he feels like he can do whatever he wants and the s***ty manager allows it

Management told him to dial it back a lot. If he doesn't have a chance to be safe don't go all out. Eaton had no chance on that play and he didn't go all out. That's on the management not Eaton. That's my opinion.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Management told him to dial it back a lot. If he doesn't have a chance to be safe don't go all out. Eaton had no chance on that play and he didn't go all out. That's on the management not Eaton. That's my opinion.

It's using discretion mostly. That was most certainly the time to be busting it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
53 at bats for Avi since he had an extra base hit

What is worse that the Sox brass actually saw 30/30 with Avi were they on drugs? Sox have ZERO people who can actually evaluate talent.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
It's using discretion mostly. That was most certainly the time to be busting it.

I agree mostly, but if the sox didn't try to change Eaton he would have busted down the line and made it easily

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
Shocking it looks like the offense quit after Sale gave up the lead.

The offense quit when they arrived in Arizona. As the games get ticked off the schedule the poorly constructed nature of this team becomes more and more evident.

Their hitting approach is that of an over anxious little league team. Swing at the first thing close to the zone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
53 at bats for Avi since he had an extra base hit

I don't know if you saw this one but it was a find that made me pause and say "really" yesterday. Garcia has not hit a double down the left field line since 2013.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 06:52 PM)
I don't know if you saw this one but it was a find that made me pause and say "really" yesterday. Garcia has not hit a double down the left field line since 2013.

Not a surprise, his mechanics are awful. Going forward, he seems more a part of the problem and not a part of the solution.