06/24 Sox at Pirahnas

Quin

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)
It's so obvious this is a lost season why in the f*** would you not get a head start on '16 BY BROOMING THIS STAFF.

No reason not to. Who knows, maybe someone performs better with a different voice in charge. It's not likely, but it's better than keeping things as they are right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
Why the hell is he still in? You had to pull him last game because he threw too many pitches in his previous start, so why leave him out there in a blowout?

Once he got to ten...you pull him with how things are going this inning.

Some weird decisions leaving Danks and Sale in so long this week. Even if you pin it on the defense partially this inning, he has been hit hard.

Sale still at 96.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:04 AM)
Shark's trade value increasing and Sale's decreasing...SELL SELL SELL

I'm okay with trading everything on the team but Sale. If we can't get a good team around him before his contract is up he will still be worth a boatload in his 2nd to last year.

Sale getting very frustrated with the ump there...glad the record means more than trying to win the game all of a sudden.

This seems to be the exact situation which would bring about an injury, going after Mauer and Hunter.

Kind of feels like we are forcing this record and not being respectful to the sport a bit.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:06 AM)
I was fine with them pulling him last game due to wanting to save his arm from too many pitches. But to keep him in today to throw so many extra pitches just for a shot at a record is insane.

Should be skipping his next start honestly.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Sale getting very frustrated with the ump there...glad the record means more than trying to win the game all of a sudden.

This seems to be the exact situation which would bring about an injury, going after Mauer and Hunter.

Well someone did pose the question earlier, win or record, and the one person who answered chose record.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
He's a f***ing moron why the f*** would you leave Chris in today but not the other night...

The same reason he won't pull Danks. He manages in a box.

Sale has been hard pitched the last month. This is day game, and Ventura wants to pitch his arm off.

And where's cooper in all of this. He's another one who's rep doesn't seem to comport with results.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
Let's get:

1) a win

2) a major league record

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Which would you all take if we could only have one? ;)

HEY WHAT ABOUT NEITHER

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Well someone did pose the question earlier, win or record, and the one person who answered chose record.

I chose record bc there is now way to expect Sale to throw a CG shutout. So we were never getting the win.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
Kind of feels like we are forcing this record and not being respectful to the sport a bit.

They're doing this for some arcane record?

This is one hero-worshiping organization.

Even the Cubs don't do that nonsense.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson and Nolan Ryan...Sale is the fourth.

Get used to seeing Buxton doing that against us....but it's a bit like the White Sox calling up Micah Johnson or Tim Anderson in terms of his offensive preparedness.

Re: Micah, we did.

Re: Anderson: buxton's OPS at AA was 100 points higher.

Re: Anderson: if we were in a pennant race right now, with the way Alexei is playing...you might get me to actually say "Why the f*** not".

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
If I'm Chris Sale I'm calling my agent after the game and calling a meeting with the Sox' FO. This is madness how he's being used.

He threw 113 pitches. Reading this thread I would have thought it was 213.