2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
And with that win, they now own the longest winning streak in the NHL at 7 games right now. The Hawks were down two forwards, and who knows if the new Kane stuff seeped into the locker room at all. Not giving them a pass at all, just sort of the perfect storm tonight.

There definitely was a "Panik" problem in the locker room.

Everyone, and I mean everyone knows that he overslept. That's got to be embarrassing and I would think that something like that wouldn't become something that everyone just knows is the reason as to why he was scratched. Everyone knew about it this afternoon and even Foley talked about it on the broadcast. It's true, McDonough does not mess around, he will embarrass you for doing something stupid even if it's sleeping in.

I still can't believe he slept in, though! That's so strange.. hopefully he learned his lesson.

Edited by South Sider

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
Darling not having a good night. Hawks defense isn't helping him much either, but 2 of those goals he should of definitely had.

Agreed. These teams are even with Crawford in goal. Luckily we aren't in the East, because I don't want either Florida team in the playoffs this season.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
Agreed. These teams are even with Crawford in goal. Luckily we aren't in the East, because I don't want either Florida team in the playoffs this season.

Meaning you don't want to see them in the playoffs in general because you don't like them or because they're a tough matchup against the Hawks?

I would love to see Florida in the playoffs. Tallon really has done a great job rebuilding that organization

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 07:35 PM)
Meaning you don't want to see them in the playoffs in general because you don't like them or because they're a tough matchup against the Hawks?

I would love to see Florida in the playoffs. Tallon really has done a great job rebuilding that organization

I don't want to play them in the playoffs. Thankfully we likely won't have to.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
I don't want to play them in the playoffs. Thankfully we likely won't have to.

8 players playing in this game that were not on the roster last June.

Scuderi with a terrible turnover and Ekblad with a clap bomb over Darling's glove.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jan 24, 2016 -> 11:55 PM)
He could win it, I think his view as just an OK goalie is from fans that hate on the Hawks, not so much the media. BUT, Braden Holtby is playing out of his mind. Unless the Caps fall off, he'll win it. Plus with the MVP and ROTY coming from the Hawks, they'll probably want to spread the wealth.

Hart/Calder/Vezina from the same team = MVP/ROY/Cy Young from the same team? Like a team triple crown :lol: that would be something!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2016 -> 02:45 PM)
Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger 22m22 minutes ago

Versteeg told @NHLCanes video reporter Toews is his favorite #Blackhawks chirp. "He's just a big baby, really. He's just an overgrown baby."

The saying takes one to know one sounds like the proper retort to that clown.