2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 28, 2016 -> 06:57 PM)
So I don't follow hockey too closely, but does the NHLPA have the ability to go off about this?

You have to imagine the threat of a grievance is why he is being allowed to play in the AS game after all, even as a minor leaguer in the opposite conference. I just read the winning players gets $90k, that's pretty significant when you salary is $575k. That's good ammo for the players union.

The trade itself still seems a little shady, but it's probably hard to do much given that he is 13th forward and often a healthy scratch.

Saw some people RTing Kaplan and he was complaining about Scott's inclusion all night. Then called people over sensitive. Pot calling kettle black. I didn't know who John Scott was before this, the game means nothing, and it brought a nice story to the NHL. What was the harm?

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Saw some people RTing Kaplan and he was complaining about Scott's inclusion all night. Then called people over sensitive. Pot calling kettle black. I didn't know who John Scott was before this, the game means nothing, and it brought a nice story to the NHL. What was the harm?

what gets to me is, every yr, there is one or two players not making the AS, while there is an equal amount making the AS, who by some didn't deserve to be there. there is always going to be some mistakes and fans will always complain. but this was way over the line of professionalism.

in the past, as i said there were some who didn't make the AS team, why was there no b****ing about that?? there is no degree of whether one makes ir or not, it is either yes or no in the final vote.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 1, 2016 -> 05:50 AM)

Kaplan is another Score type personality. They say stupid things just for attention. It worked.