2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:07 AM)
So Saad makes 6.5 for the next 5 years.

Lay out how you make the cap work for next year, even with Bickell and Sharp traded. Lay it on me.

first you are using this trade as the final transaction.

you missed the so called rumors last week of Bickell to arz and Sharp to either NY rangers or FLA, which failed. also the 10 mil coming off the books.

now back to the trade, with the 10 mil that was not taken off the books. the hawks matched the rfa offer from the other team.

now and pls understand this, this is not for me a chance to prove me right and everyone else wrong. this is for me, a window of winning

another Stanley Cup, when they make the playoff. this is my only beef. winning.

now the way to keep this team in that winning frame is to make little move thru attrition. to subtly making changes that will not make a huge

change in the system but to improve the team while to continue to win.

now, the team lost Saad, plus his 23 g 29 a and his +/- being 5, his playoff 8 g 3 a and his +/- being 5 while doing 20+ min of ice time.

his replacement is what, Anisimov with his 52 games due to a concussion, 7 g and 20 a in 16 mins and no playoff.

so is that an equal replacement??? so lets assume the hawks took the draft picks, depending on the team claiming him. those picks can

be a nice rtn, either way, the hawks in either scenario is not a winning trade.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:12 AM)
Also, from a forwards perspective, if they can bring in this lineup into 2015-2016, they still could be a fun team to watch, with some young players in key positions playing with highly skilled players along side them. Don't think the sky is falling.

Dano - Toews - Hossa

Panarin - Anisimov - Kane

Sharp - Tervainen - Versteeg

Desjardins - Kruger - Shaw

Dano on the first line and he is a rookie??? isn't that a pipe dream, it is unrealisticed and wishful dream.

Tevo was just as talented rookie and yet he barely made a dent on the lineup. btw, where is Bickell???

lets deal with a sense of reality and again no wishful dreams, Bickell as of today is on the team.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
You wrote a lot to not answer the question. You bring back Saad at 6.5 million per. You want to continue winning in this current window. How does the roster break down for 2015-2016 with Saad back?

i wrote it and i admitted that yes, Saad needs to play, the salary with out the trade will be 70+/- mil according to my addition. however it is a loose additions. there will be additional team changes that needed to be address. the season does not start next week. so there is more off season to make additional changes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:53 AM)
You don't want to deal with dreams but you are evaluating a GM based on rumors of deals. Come on man.

it is sooo funny, when you will use this bolded for your point, using it to those so called rumors you post. come on, make up your mind on when you

want to refer to a rumor.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
it is sooo funny, when you will use this bolded for your point, using it to those so called rumors you post. come on, make up your mind on when you

want to refer to a rumor.

I honestly don't understand a word of this. Good luck with dealing with this offseason.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:02 AM)
Jesus. You want to call a trade awful and Bowman lost out, but won't come up with an actual realistic plan for next years club with Saad on the roster. And a "dent on the roster" for Teuvo? You must have missed out on that whole "playoff run" thing the Hawks did this season.

Ironic you use the terms sense of reality and wishful dreams...

i am not a gm nor am i trying to pretend to be an amateurish gm. this is the real world. i stated i didn't like the trade, and gave a full explanation on why. now you and maybe someone else want the what if factor. yes this little thing you want me to do is a wishful dream, since it will never going to happen. Saad is gone.

btw pls explain how i missed this playoff run according to your opinion.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
i am not a gm nor am i trying to pretend to be an amateurish gm. this is the real world. i stated i didn't like the trade, and gave a full explanation on why. now you and maybe someone else want the what if factor. yes this little thing you want me to do is a wishful dream, since it will never going to happen. Saad is gone.

btw pls explain how i missed this playoff run according to your opinion.

teravainen was a very important part of the playoff roster, and you made a comment how he could hardly break the roster.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:11 AM)
teravainen was a very important part of the playoff roster, and you made a comment how he could hardly break the roster.

thanks... i missed that .

but in the season was he a full time starter.

playoff, 23 games

Tevo was 18 games played in the playoff. btw, my comment of barely starting

Dano on the first line and he is a rookie??? isn't that a pipe dream, it is unrealisticed and wishful dream.

Tevo was just as talented rookie and yet he barely made a dent on the lineup. btw, where is Bickell???

lets deal with a sense of reality and again no wishful dreams, Bickell as of today is on the team.

this is the exact quote.

Here's my take: Brandon Saad is a guy that I didn't want the Hawks to lose and I really didn't think they would. $6.5 million per is too much for the Hawks to pay though. There are rumors on twitter that Pittsburgh is pissed. They were going to come at him hard tomorrow. Bowman and the Hawks obviously knew that he was getting a sheet that they just couldn't match so they cashed in. They got a nice package considering. These were the Blackhawks 3 options in this case:

1. Trade Saad today which they did.

2. Let him leave as a RFA and get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2016

3. Match his contract and gut the team further (Kruger, Shaw, possibly Seabrook)

They didn't think Saad was worth that much and I don't blame them. You can't keep everyone. They have Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Crawford. They will have to pay Teravainen at some point. This was the smart move today. They will still deal Sharp and Bickell and get themselves some flexibility. It's a salary cap league and this is just the way it is. Also, Stan Bowman has won 3 Stanley Cups as GM of the Blackhawks. When does the man get the benefit of the f***ing doubt? I mean seriously? What does he have to do? I trust what they are doing. Questioning Bowman after 3 cup titles really makes people look dumb.

In what world is Saad worth 6.5 a year? He's 22 and had 53 points last season. If he wants 6.5, that's more than Keith & Hjalmarsson. Columbus can give that to him, but I'm happy the Hawks didn't.

Bowman knew he wasn't going to be back. Instead of appreciating they got a good prospect back (Dano) and a servicable C (Anisimov) back, we're complaining. What would be said had he left for nothing?

In 2013, everyone thought Bickell had to be kept. Bowman did it. Now, everyone's pissed that Bickell hasn't been dealt yet and that Saad is gone, with some of the reason being Bickell's contract.

This team has 3 cups in 6 years. After they lost Ladd, Byfuglien and Eager, we all thought they'd never win again. Relax. Panarin's the real deal and Teuvo is going to be a 65+ pps guy. Oh, & Kane and Toews are 27.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:24 AM)
Here's my take: Brandon Saad is a guy that I didn't want the Hawks to lose and I really didn't think they would. $6.5 million per is too much for the Hawks to pay though. There are rumors on twitter that Pittsburgh is pissed. They were going to come at him hard tomorrow. Bowman and the Hawks obviously knew that he was getting a sheet that they just couldn't match so they cashed in. They got a nice package considering. These were the Blackhawks 3 options in this case:

1. Trade Saad today which they did.

2. Let him leave as a RFA and get a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2016

3. Match his contract and gut the team further (Kruger, Shaw, possibly Seabrook)

They didn't think Saad was worth that much and I don't blame them. You can't keep everyone. They have Toews, Kane, Keith, Hossa, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson and Crawford. They will have to pay Teravainen at some point. This was the smart move today. They will still deal Sharp and Bickell and get themselves some flexibility. It's a salary cap league and this is just the way it is. Also, Stan Bowman has won 3 Stanley Cups as GM of the Blackhawks. When does the man get the benefit of the f***ing doubt? I mean seriously? What does he have to do? I trust what they are doing. Questioning Bowman after 3 cup titles really makes people look dumb.

you make a very interesting point. i didn't know it was Pitt and thank for that little tidbit. i really do not agree on the nice package, but hey it is difference of opinions.

with the off season still in the beginning, if the hawks matched, then there will be time to address the other situation that was caused by matching the offer or just get the draft picks. Pitt which should be around the #16 pick, and i am basing this on this yrs results.

Bowman won 3 SC rings, but he did not assembled the team that was Tallon. Tallon got the first SC ring and it was thru his drafting that made it possible. now like i said last week, this FA situation was going to be tricky, and this will show to me if Bowman is a good GM. so far, it is not looking good.

now, Saad is talented, how old was Towes was when he got his big contract, Saad is a special kind of a player. a extremely talented player. he could have easly help this team win more SC's. instead what was the rtn for Saad and a very promising Dman??? this is not even close of an equal rtn.

Tevo salary is not up yet, so he is not in this equation.

if rumors are to be believed, bowman screwed the pooch on bickell and sharp last week. if one chooses not to believe in the rumors, then how can one believe in a msg from twitter??

again, bowman did some nice move last season for me, which helped in securing the 3rd SC. see, i am giving him credit.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
you make a very interesting point. i didn't know it was Pitt and thank for that little tidbit. i really do not agree on the nice package, but hey it is difference of opinions.

with the off season still in the beginning, if the hawks matched, then there will be time to address the other situation that was caused by matching the offer or just get the draft picks. Pitt which should be around the #16 pick, and i am basing this on this yrs results.

Bowman won 3 SC rings, but he did not assembled the team that was Tallon. Tallon got the first SC ring and it was thru his drafting that made it possible. now like i said last week, this FA situation was going to be tricky, and this will show to me if Bowman is a good GM. so far, it is not looking good.

now, Saad is talented, how old was Towes was when he got his big contract, Saad is a special kind of a player. a extremely talented player. he could have easly help this team win more SC's. instead what was the rtn for Saad and a very promising Dman??? this is not even close of an equal rtn.

if rumors are to be believed, bowman screwed the pooch on bickell and sharp last week. if one chooses not to believe in the rumors, then how can one believe in a msg from twitter??

again, bowman did some nice move last season for me, which helped in securing the 3rd SC. see, i am giving him credit.

Bickell and Sharp are still getting moved though. That has nothing to do with this. They were never going to pay Saad what he is going to end up making.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:28 AM)
In what world is Saad worth 6.5 a year? He's 22 and had 53 points last season. If he wants 6.5, that's more than Keith & Hjalmarsson. Columbus can give that to him, but I'm happy the Hawks didn't.

Bowman knew he wasn't going to be back. Instead of appreciating they got a good prospect back (Dano) and a servicable C (Anisimov) back, we're complaining. What would be said had he left for nothing?

In 2013, everyone thought Bickell had to be kept. Bowman did it. Now, everyone's pissed that Bickell hasn't been dealt yet and that Saad is gone, with some of the reason being Bickell's contract.

This team has 3 cups in 6 years. After they lost Ladd, Byfuglien and Eager, we all thought they'd never win again. Relax. Panarin's the real deal and Teuvo is going to be a 65+ pps guy. Oh, & Kane and Toews are 27.

you can't say everyone, i never wanted him back for success in the playoff only.

and again, you can not compare salary of different signings periods.

re bold, it is not we're it is I who is saying that i didn't like the trade.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:39 AM)
Marko Dano scored 21 pts in 35 Games with CBJ avg 13:15 TOI and a whopping 0:13 of PP TOI as a 19 year old. Otherwise known as better than Saad his rookie year and much better than TT this year.

and you are right,

but with the hawks team, can he break with the team?? what line will he be on?? will he put up the same # or better??

no one knows, only assumptions.

i am talking about regular season performances and playoff performances. Saad is a guarantee, base on his past performances. the only thing that would have held him back would have been an injury.

however, if the hawks would have matched, then they would have the rest of the offseason and next yr to get a better trade.

At ages 22 and 21 respectively, Toews and Kane signed similar 5 year / 31.5 million contracts, so a little less than Saad is looking for.

Given the circumstances the Hawks were never gonna get an equal return for Saad, they had no leverage. I'd rather they get players who can help them defend the Cup next year, which they did, as opposed to draft picks that might help years down the line

So it's this cap crunch that will judge Bowman, not the two other rebuilds he did to win another cup. And I see you aren't factoring future contracts and possible core players into your roadmap, which would be the death of any GM. Maybe you should take a break from Bowman hating and wait until the offseason is over to be frustrated. Just a suggestion.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:51 AM)
Bickell and Sharp are still getting moved though. That has nothing to do with this. They were never going to pay Saad what he is going to end up making.

no one knows that for sure, only making an assumption.

when one or both gets moved, then come back.

re bold, that is obvious now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
So it's this cap crunch that will judge Bowman, not the two other rebuilds he did to win another cup. And I see you aren't factoring future contracts and possible core players into your roadmap, which would be the death of any GM.

i am, but you choose not to see it. i am talking about the trade....... that what if whole discussion is about.

you and many are trying to throw in superfluous what if scenario's.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
At ages 22 and 21 respectively, Toews and Kane signed similar 5 year / 31.5 million contracts, so a little less than Saad is looking for.

Given the circumstances the Hawks were never gonna get an equal return for Saad, they had no leverage. I'd rather they get players who can help them defend the Cup next year, which they did, as opposed to draft picks that might help years down the line

so all things are being equal. Saad is a very talented player. a player that can help win a SC and a talent to help build around.

that is if all the players the hawks got in rtn are on the team and not injured.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
however, if the hawks would have matched, then they would have the rest of the offseason and next yr to get a better trade.

I'm almost positive you can't trade player for a year after matching an offer sheet.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
So it's this cap crunch that will judge Bowman, not the two other rebuilds he did to win another cup. And I see you aren't factoring future contracts and possible core players into your roadmap, which would be the death of any GM. Maybe you should take a break from Bowman hating and wait until the offseason is over to be frustrated. Just a suggestion.

and that will be an ideal way to judge bowman ability to manage a team.

i am not hating bowman, but i am not praising him either, the off season is a perfect time to discuss this.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
so all things are being equal. Saad is a very talented player. a player that can help win a SC and a talent to help build around.

that is if all the players the hawks got in rtn are on the team and not injured.

Things aren't being equal though, this trade also saves them several million in potential cap space. They still need to add like 6 players to the roster.

No one is arguing that the Hawks are now a better team without Saad, we would all rather have him. Given the salary cap crunch and the offer sheet deadline, it's understandable why this deal was made though.