2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 28, 2015 -> 02:29 PM)
John Jaeckel has never gotten a deal right. Don't listen to him at all.

while you may be correct..... i just like to use these sites to acquire any and all info i can. on this one, now it make sense of versteeg rumor.

you do make a point. anyway, a lot of posters question how info comes to this site, via posters.

btw, for predictions of trades, is one thing, telling of failed trades, is another.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
I miss that puke emotion we use to have here. Stan hasn't had a very good offseason to start.

According to CI, if Rundblad is in Rockford, he only counts $75,000 to the cap, so that's not too bad I guess.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Anyone else following this Mike Richards buy out, now "termination" of his contract? Looks like the Kings are trying to get out of that 10 year salary cap hit.

Whoa. I wonder what the story is.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 11m11 minutes ago

On LA terminating Mike Richards' contract for "material breach," there are myriad reasons why details can't be made public at this time.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772865

“The Los Angeles Kings today have exercised the team's right to terminate the contract of Mike Richards for a material breach of the requirements of his Standard Player's Contract. We are not prepared to provide any more detail or to discuss the underlying grounds for the contract termination at this time.”

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
Was Richards involved in that situation where the LA Kings player(Stoll?) was busted with ecstacy and coke?

what ever it was, it has to do with the player association and their contract with the nhl and the players conduct section of the contract.

nothing but that will lead to this kind of unquestioned reaction but the owners.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
I'd still sign him. There are plenty of Hawks that dabble in the nose candy.

I'm not worried about that, I'm just worried about him not being good at hockey anymore. I guess if you can get him on the cheap.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm not worried about that, I'm just worried about him not being good at hockey anymore. I guess if you can get him on the cheap.

He is only 30, it isnt like he is Roszival ancient and his best years are long gone

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
If this is a two way deal like that, it is a very good contract.

Seabrook came with more expectations than Rundblad as IIRC, Seabrook was the 14th overall pick in his class, but Seabrook was brutal through his first 2-3 seasons. Like, really bad. Rundblad likely won't get 2-3 years to prove himself, but I think with time he can be a solid #5 or #6 D. We'll have to get used to these deals now with Kane & Toews' deals kicking in.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
I'd still sign him. There are plenty of Hawks that dabble in the nose candy.

Care to share?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Solid contribution to the thread. :huh

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
Do we really want that guy around Kane? LOL

Are we talking about Richards or Stoll? Stoll was the one caught with the drugs.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Yeah, I'd say that's another talented one. Remembered Seguin, forgot about him.

The only real losses that were regrettable were Ladd and Leddy. It's gonna suck losing Sharp, but given his current age and productivity, it's not a huge loss, plus they've already gotten so much out of him.

Byfuglien

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
Byfuglien

Meh, I don't consider him in the same group. Sure his offensive production was great, especially in the playoffs. But given all the stuff he doesn't do and his baggage, I wouldn't want to pay him over $5 million a season even if they could afford it.