2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
When you see Saad about to get 6 years at 6.5 per, how can you hold the same thought in your head that Kane and Toews would not get the same deal we are paying them?

and this was something very similar to the Tallon final 2 yrs.... and yet Bowman is a great gm and Tallon is not.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)
Tracey Myers taks a shot at Saad on twitter "Saad on June 17: The money's going to come and go. To win championships and play on a great team, thats what its all about."

and how will the hawks gets those goal in regular season and 8 goals in the playoff.

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
The whole thing with those qualifying offers getting mixed up and mailed late really is what made Dale Tallon a bad GM. That helped lead to the first cap crisis.

and there was talk, insinuation that someone had their hands in that situation.

The RFA situation in hockey is so weak. Sour grapes from someone watching best team in the league, but it does suck how much the deck is stacked against teams keeping their home grown talent off of their rookie deals if they worked out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
The RFA situation in hockey is so weak. Sour grapes from someone watching best team in the league, but it does suck how much the deck is stacked against teams keeping their home grown talent off of their rookie deals if they worked out.

i don't know, i think that the RFA and offer sheets in some way shuffles the players around. sour grapes, maybe i am, but again, how will the hawks gets those points Saad has put up. to me, i would have matched the offer and then let the other team surrender the draft picks if signed, if not, Saad in 22 yrs and is coming into his best yrs.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
Hate to see Saad go, I think Bowman overplayed his hand with Sharp last week.

he did, he was asking for too much for Sharp and too much from ARZ for Bickell. granted bickell scored 14 goals, but who cares on his 4 mil a yr salary.

QUOTE (RegionSox @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
I'm really surprised they had to give up Paliotta as well.

to be honest, i am still too preoccupy on the Saad trade, to really look at the other part.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 11:41 PM)
Honestly shocked. They're going to extend Anisomnov. And still going to try and trade Bickell and Sharp.

his contract is 3.8 mil +/-. i wonder if Bowman think he can replace Bickell. but his production is questionable at best.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
his contract is 3.8 mil +/-. i wonder if Bowman think he can replace Bickell. but his production is questionable at best.

2C - he's a replacement for Richards and fills a pretty big need next year.

Sucks to lose Saad, but if Saad was going to sign an offer sheet at 6.5M per year for 6 years, the Hawks can't afford him - regardless of what happens with Bickell and Sharp.

Optimistic about what I'm reading re: Dano. 21 points in 35 games last year as a rookie, two way forward, not afraid to play in the corners. Hopefully the Hawks added two useful pieces today...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 11:54 PM)

Sucks to lose Saad, but if Saad was going to sign an offer sheet at 6.5M per year for 6 years, the Hawks can't afford him - regardless of what happens with Bickell and Sharp.

Optimistic about what I'm reading re: Dano. 21 points in 35 games last year as a rookie, two way forward, not afraid to play in the corners. Hopefully the Hawks added two useful pieces today...

after to looking at the whole trade.... i do not like it. Bowman failed in many ways these past 2 weeks. re Anisomnov, how many points did he scored in the past 2 yrs.... can he rebound.... and at 3.5+ mil a yr. Saad had 23 goal, 29 assist and played in 3 seasons with the hawks parent team.

re Paliotta, i like him, he has the ability to be a nice piece in the hawks surplus of dman.

i just don't see this as a positive trade. Bowman screwed up, big time.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
after to looking at the whole trade.... i do not like it. Bowman failed in many ways these past 2 weeks. re Anisomnov, how many points did he scored in the past 2 yrs.... can he rebound.... and at 3.5+ mil a yr. Saad had 23 goal, 29 assist and played in 3 seasons with the hawks parent team.

re Paliotta, i like him, he has the ability to be a nice piece in the hawks surplus of dman.

i just don't see this as a positive trade. Bowman screwed up, big time.

Rationalize with me why the Hawks should have paid Saad more than Duncan Keith.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)

Dano is a very good player with upside. You hate to lose a proven guy like Saad but at his cost, you have to.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:07 AM)
Rationalize with me why the Hawks should have paid Saad more than Duncan Keith.

doesn't matter, Keith has sign for an extended contract.

Saad scored 23 g and 29 a as a 22 yo

Saad was to have slide into Sharp slot,

Loosing the dman was a blow.

granted the hawks has accumulated a great group of dman

next yr, the hawks could have traded Saad in a better deal

if Saad signed with the other, rumored team who offered him a contract for the 6.5 mil, then the hawks gets 4 - 1 rounder from that team,

or work a better rtn on a trade.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)
Dano is a very good player with upside. You hate to lose a proven guy like Saad but at his cost, you have to.

Dano is still unproven, he is still a player with potential who is 20 yrs old. the hawks can go to the playoff next yr without a vital player who can score. Dano may not even crack the team..... oh i forgot that very important 4 th rounder.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 06:12 PM)
doesn't matter, Keith has sign for an extended contract.

Saad scored 23 g and 29 a as a 22 yo

Saad was to have slide into Sharp slot,

Loosing the dman was a blow.

granted the hawks has accumulated a great group of dman

next yr, the hawks could have traded Saad in a better deal

if Saad signed with the other, rumored team who offered him a contract for the 6.5 mil, then the hawks gets 4 - 1 rounder from that team,

or work a better rtn on a trade.

Saad wasnt going to sign a one year bridge dea. The Hawks would have lost him or overpaid him. Instead they got a promising young player for him. Its not great to lose a player of his caliber but the Hawks simply could not have paid Saad that much money moving forward.