2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:08 AM)
Things aren't being equal though, this trade also saves them several million in potential cap space. They still need to add like 6 players to the roster.

No one is arguing that the Hawks are now a better team without Saad, we would all rather have him. Given the salary cap crunch and the offer sheet deadline, it's understandable why this deal was made though.

i too understand why it was made, but i still don't like it.

if rumors are to be believed, bowman screwed up last week in bickell and sharp. ok it is rumors, but a little while ago, someone posted a msg from twitter, that too is a rumor.

i am also saying, he is too talented not to match, and then address the salary cap via trades with other players.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
and that will be an ideal way to judge bowman ability to manage a team.

i am not hating bowman, but i am not praising him either, the off season is a perfect time to discuss this.

Questioning Bowman is crazy though. For some reason people still do this. He had to tear apart the team in 2010 because of Dale Tallon. Everyone said they'd never win again. They won the cup in 2013. In 2013, they had a reshuffle as well. People thought it was over again. Then they won the cup in 2015. The man knows what he is doing and Kane and Toews aren't even 28 years old yet. For all the s***ty sports teams in this city, I'm not going to question the GM of the one that isn't.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)
Questioning Bowman is crazy though. For some reason people still do this. He had to tear apart the team in 2010 because of Dale Tallon. Everyone said they'd never win again. They won the cup in 2013. In 2013, they had a reshuffle as well. People thought it was over again. Then they won the cup in 2015. The man knows what he is doing and Kane and Toews aren't even 28 years old yet. For all the s***ty sports teams in this city, I'm not going to question the GM of the one that isn't.

i already had this discussion, look at the first SC team and look on the players and who signed and drafted them. i agree in the reshuffling of 2013 but the main core, who drafted or signed them???

I think too much is being made of the Bickell and Sharp rumors at the draft and saying that Bowman screwed up. No-one knows if teams were actually that desperate to get those 2.

If you bring back Saad at $6.5M, you probably end up with a situation where you might have to add a 1st round pick to get a team to take Bickell's contract, because other teams know you are backed up against a wall cap wise. That's not exactly good management there.

Pittsburgh have missed out on Saad, so maybe they go after Sharp now, who knows, there's probably still a market for him, but at least Bowman has options now, if the package in return isn't good enough, you keep Sharp around.

I think everyone needs to wait to see what Anisimov gets re-signed for, it should be a cap friendly enough deal, otherwise I don't think Bowman would have made the trade in the 1st place.

Dano seems like a similar sort of prospect to what Saad was a few seasons ago, so it's good cap management you bring in someone at a much lower salary, and not really lose a whole lot in terms of production / potential.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:16 AM)

any GM can not rest on their laurels, they have to get up and go and prove themselves all over again. every yr, to make sure they are putting the best players on the ice, to compete and if able to win the SC.

well that is Bowman's job description, the rest of the NHL is not going to give up, b/c the hawks are manage by bowman, who is not receiving plaudits, for what he is suppose to do, not will the nhl team give way to the hawks so they can win another cup. it will always be a hard fought battle for the hawks to win, esp if it another cup.

btw, Saad is 22 and he is considered a must have kind of a player.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 03:30 AM)
I think too much is being made of the Bickell and Sharp rumors at the draft and saying that Bowman screwed up. No-one knows if teams were actually that desperate to get those 2.

If you bring back Saad at $6.5M, you probably end up with a situation where you might have to add a 1st round pick to get a team to take Bickell's contract, because other teams know you are backed up against a wall cap wise. That's not exactly good management there.

Pittsburgh have missed out on Saad, so maybe they go after Sharp now, who knows, there's probably still a market for him, but at least Bowman has options now, if the package in return isn't good enough, you keep Sharp around.

I think everyone needs to wait to see what Anisimov gets re-signed for, it should be a cap friendly enough deal, otherwise I don't think Bowman would have made the trade in the 1st place.

Dano seems like a similar sort of prospect to what Saad was a few seasons ago, so it's good cap management you bring in someone at a much lower salary, and not really lose a whole lot in terms of production / potential.

can't sleep.

it was discussed and the rumors pages stated the price. Bickell - draft pick |s|, Sharp - 1 rounds and a middle round and a prospect

sharp = http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2501073...blackhawks-star

bickell = http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2015/06/23...-and-red-wings/

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2015/6/23/...s-bryan-bickell

re good management, that good management idea went sour really quick after the failed trade. no can deny that there was talked and bowman price was too high. either way, if the hawks did not trade Saad, there will be a whole new ideas to make things work. Saad is too good for what they got back. esp in the front end of this trade. who know 4 yrs from now, when Dano develops. the point is, keeping the team ready to make another run at Lord Stanley.

re Anisimov define what your opinion is on cap friendly??

re Dano, he may develop as you hope, but everyone knows what to expect from a proven, young talent in Saad.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 30, 2015 -> 10:30 PM)

Based on their rookie seasons Dano is actually a bit ahead as far as production goes.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:23 AM)
can't sleep.

it was discussed and the rumors pages stated the price. Bickell - draft pick |s|, Sharp - 1 rounds and a middle round and a prospect

sharp = http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2501073...blackhawks-star

bickell = http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2015/06/23...-and-red-wings/

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2015/6/23/...s-bryan-bickell

re good management, that good management idea went sour really quick after the failed trade. no can deny that there was talked and bowman price was too high. either way, if the hawks did not trade Saad, there will be a whole new ideas to make things work. Saad is too good for what they got back. esp in the front end of this trade. who know 4 yrs from now, when Dano develops. the point is, keeping the team ready to make another run at Lord Stanley.

re Anisimov define what your opinion is on cap friendly??

re Dano, he may develop as you hope, but everyone knows what to expect from a proven, young talent in Saad.

Anisimov is not some bum though. He's probably going to be the 2nd line center. They had no leverage in a Saad trade though, man. They got a really good package considering they would have only received draft picks if they waited any longer. There was no better deal. It was this deal or draft picks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
Based on their rookie seasons Dano is actually a bit ahead as far as production goes.

well there is also another player that will be needed to be address. that will be steeger. will they just keep him or will they try to trade him.

here is another thought, didn't Q had problems with Morin while he was the hawks???

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
Anisimov is not some bum though. He's probably going to be the 2nd line center. They had no leverage in a Saad trade though, man. They got a really good package considering they would have only received draft picks if they waited any longer. There was no better deal. It was this deal or draft picks.

counting on him to be the #2 line center, is really wishful thinking. he will prob start at the #3 line center with, if he produces to be moved to #2.

i am being really serious on this, i am not saying this to argue and make points.

i also look up the rfa rules, and the hawks could have offered him a offer and then take it to arbitration.

now for my expectation, i can't be wrong again.

Dano isn't some player you hope develops down the road. He is already an NHL player who had 21 points in his first 35 games.

For the Hawks to have kept Saad at 6.5 per year, they would have had to gut the team. So long Shaw, Kruger. There would be no way you could resign Seabrook after this year. They would have been a top heavy team with no depth.

Now you lose a really good player, but have great depth and you still have a young team.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Dano isn't some player you hope develops down the road. He is already an NHL player who had 21 points in his first 35 games.

For the Hawks to have kept Saad at 6.5 per year, they would have had to gut the team. So long Shaw, Kruger. There would be no way you could resign Seabrook after this year. They would have been a top heavy team with no depth.

Now you lose a really good player, but have great depth and you still have a young team.

Yeah Dano is fully expected to produce at or better than Saad in his second year, that's where he's at. Anisimov should slot into the 2C spot for the next several years depending on what the extension is.

Jay Zawaski ‏@JayZawaski670 10m10 minutes ago

Heard from a great source that Saad is absolutely crushed. He didn't think he'd be getting traded. Seems like a lack of comm w/ agent to me.

His agent might of ****** real bad......

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
It must really suck to trust your career to an agent, and have that agent play chicken with a front office and lose.

Id fire that agent before he gets a taste of the big money deal. Bowman said they were never even close, thats bad management if the kid wanted to stay

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)

every one is making assumptions without any guarantees on anything.

no one will know what line he would play on,

no one will know how he will perform on and in Q's system

no one will know if with the way the team comes to ST, no one will see who will be expendable.

no one should look beyond next yr to figure the future.

jeez. that should be obvious.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
Yeah Dano is fully expected to produce at or better than Saad in his second year, that's where he's at. Anisimov should slot into the 2C spot for the next several years depending on what the extension is.

again you are assuming on things that are beyond your control lets wait and see how things plays out.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
Jay Zawaski ‏@JayZawaski670 10m10 minutes ago

Heard from a great source that Saad is absolutely crushed. He didn't think he'd be getting traded. Seems like a lack of comm w/ agent to me.

His agent might of ****** real bad......

great find.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
every one is making assumptions without any guarantees on anything.

no one will know what line he would play on,

no one will know how he will perform on and in Q's system

no one will know if with the way the team comes to ST, no one will see who will be expendable.

no one should look beyond next yr to figure the future.

jeez. that should be obvious.

Bowman mentioned specifically that Toews and Anisimov would be his top centers for years to come. And according to Fox Sports Midwest, Anisimov is about to sign a 5 year extension with the Blackhawks

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 01:50 PM)
Bowman mentioned specifically that Toews and Anisimov would be his top centers for years to come. And according to Fox Sports Midwest, Anisimov is about to sign a 5 year extension with the Blackhawks

good fine on the contract signing.

however, what ever the GM wants in the day to day lineup, i believe that will be Q decisions.

if bowman is saying this, then he is doing damage control

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
good fine on the contract signing.

however, what ever the GM wants in the day to day lineup, i believe that will be Q decisions.

if bowman is saying this, then he is doing damage control

It's not damage control. He acquired a 27 year old C that he has always wanted.