abreu

harkness99

I was driving home from the game last night and I heard Les Grobstein talking about Kris Bryant of the bad guys on the Northside. He pointed out that Bryants batting average is in free fall.( He's now hitting .256) Grobstein said now that the scouts have seen Bryant they now know how to pitch to him. The reason why I'm bringing this up is because maybe the AL teams have figured out how to pitch to Abreu. Jose simply is not the same hitter this year as he was in 2014. People seem to speculate that he's hurt now. I don't know that for a fact, but I wish he would start resembling the hitter he was in 2014.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
He usually does when people start noticing.

His last HR was 59 PA's ago. Yeesh. He has 2 in his last 133.

And he couldn't elevate the ball twice with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs last game , once striking out the other time grounding out to the pitcher. He did have an RBI single that took a wicked bounce past Reynolds at 1st. Ground balls every time up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
He usually does when people start noticing.

His last HR was 59 PA's ago. Yeesh. He has 2 in his last 133.

Between Abreu ,LaRoche and Avi it might be 250 AB's without a HR . Just a pure guess there. But I'm sure someone can prove me wrong or right if they want.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
Maybe I'm in the dark but haven't seen anything about him being hurt. I just want him to start hitting the ball hard again. If it takes a DL stint, so be it.

The Royals' Hudler said he talked to Robin and he has a hand injury. So it's no secret. I don't know if the Sox reporters have written about it or not. But the Royals announcers were pulling the old "I talked to Ventura before the game and he said Abreu had a bad finger."

Edited by greg775

Sun Times has an article up pointing out that Abreu only has hit "4 line drives this month".

of course, I'm not even bothering to link to it because it's in the Sun Times and their insane number of popups literally makes the page 100% unviewable.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
Jose simply is not the same hitter this year as he was in 2014. People seem to speculate that he's hurt now. I don't know that for a fact, but I wish he would start resembling the hitter he was in 2014.

It's a fact.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
Sun Times has an article up pointing out that Abreu only has hit "4 line drives this month".

of course, I'm not even bothering to link to it because it's in the Sun Times and their insane number of popups literally makes the page 100% unviewable.

The Sun Times website is a joke

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 11:54 PM)

That website is crazy lousy. But I read they sold all their suburban papers to the Trib, so the Sun Times is about to be out of business obviously.