There's a game tonight, right? Sox vs Cards

Heads22

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:46 AM)
I mean Robertson didn't make a bad pitch there.

Molina just made a contact and voila! Bases clearing triple.

LaRoche coulda made the same contact with two men on base and the Sox up, 2-0. FAIL.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
If they keep this up, Hahn won't be around by year 3.

He's got year 2 and that's really it. No improvement and your fired. But he couldnt tear it down. Otherwise that would seal his fate.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:49 AM)
But Kenny will be, as long as JR has his 05 ring

At least Kenny has shown he can field a competitive team. Hahn has made a lot of good moves in theory, but way too many underachievers.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:51 AM)
Is it bad that I don't even care if the Sox lose anymore?

More losses just guarantee better draft position next year and hopefully it'll make the Sox become sellers that much fast. This team obviously won't make the playoffs, so they might as well start selling off pieces.

And to a team in front of the Cubs, as well.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
Is it bad that I don't even care if the Sox lose anymore?

More losses just guarantee better draft position next year and hopefully it'll make the Sox become sellers that much faster. This team obviously won't make the playoffs, so they might as well start selling off pieces.

I'd rather we get a lesser draft pick and play well enough to have some hope for next year. If we lose 90 games it will seem hopeless again.

That's the problem. It all boils down to what has Rick Hahn shown? Nice moves on paper. Most of it hasnt worked and look at where the club is at. Kenny has his problems but Rick has shown close to nothing. Honestly I hope Kenny gets more involved come the deadline. Whatever Rick is doing with the rope clearly isnt working.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
Ha, LaRoche freaking sucks. You know it's bad when if you could void the contracts for LaRoche, Melky and Robertson, you absolutely would and let them sign elsewhere.

it just shows everyone that comes here sucks. Its the organization/coaches.

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2015 -> 02:59 AM)
Ha, LaRoche freaking sucks. You know it's bad when if you could void the contracts for LaRoche, Melky and Robertson, you absolutely would and let them sign elsewhere.

It's like that with almost all free agents. ... Shields, Verlander, Fielder (before this year), Pujols (before this year), etc. Nobody's worth the cash. The key if baseball woulda done it is identify guys who will be stars (Salvy Perez types) and sign them for 4-5 years at 7 mill a year early in their careers.

Edited by greg775