Hahn Speaks

GGajewski18

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
I'm getting there. I don't see any hope under this ownership. Then if ownership ever changed they would probably keep the same people.

Yea I couldn't root for another team as much as change my skin color. Silly example but the Sox are in my blood. I'm like that with all my teams. Who I picked by age 10 or so is it. It's a wierd hodgepodge but it works. UM sports, Sox, Bulls, Lions. Could never even consider rooting for anyone else. That said, my fandom certainly wanes when the teams suck. THat is just natural.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
What fanbase that hardly ever makes the playoffs and has 1 world title in 100 years isn't miserable? Ever visit a New York knicks board? Mariners? Come on, don't sell the fans s*** and call it gold. This franchise and this ownership group has not been good overall. 1 title in 100 years does not, and will not ever, negate that. Just on average you'd have expected 3 titles or more over a 100 years, and that's average.

I never said it was good overall, and I can't wait for JR to sell and KW to leave, I guess I just don't understand putting so much energy into something that constantly makes you miserable. I understand that this franchise doesn't make the playoffs that often and only has 1 title in the last 98 years, but from my perspective as a 25-year-old fan, it really hasn't been that bad. I don't really give a s*** how many titles the White Sox won well before I was born, what they did in the 1920s and 1930s has no relevance at all to today. Besides, judging so heavily on titles feels a little misguided IMO given the randomness of the sport. Was the last decade a failure for the Tigers? We won a title but I'd still give the Tigers the edge here. The Marlins have won 2 titles recently due to a couple lucky playoff runs but have been a complete joke of a franchise otherwise. My roommate is a big Phillies fan and he has said multiple times that from 2008-2011 the Phillies got better every year but did worse in the playoffs every successive year. Their worst team in that run was the only one to get it done, and the best one by far got bounced in the first round. Hell, I think that the 2006 and 2011 Cardinal teams were two of their worst teams in the last 15 years, yet those were the two that won the titles. The baseball playoffs are just so random that I don't put as much stock into who actually wins it because the best team rarely wins it all. It's still important but not nearly as much as in other sports IMO (especially the NBA).

I realize that even taking away titles the outlook doesn't look that great for us, but would so many fans here be so disgruntled right now if we had made the playoffs in two of the 2006, 2010, and 2012 seasons? I don't think so. We were very close in all three of those years, a couple small things go differently and I don't think so many fans are on the ledge if we had made the playoffs 4 times in a decade. That's not to say that I give them a pass for not making the playoffs those seasons, but this has hardly been a Pirates or Royals-like run of complete suckitude for several decades. I still had a ton of fun in those three seasons even if we ultimately didn't make the playoffs.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 05:13 PM)
I never said it was good overall, and I can't wait for JR to sell and KW to leave, I guess I just don't understand putting so much energy into something that constantly makes you miserable. I understand that this franchise doesn't make the playoffs that often and only has 1 title in the last 98 years, but from my perspective as a 25-year-old fan, it really hasn't been that bad. I don't really give a s*** how many titles the White Sox won well before I was born, what they did in the 1920s and 1930s has no relevance at all to today. Besides, judging so heavily on titles feels a little misguided IMO given the randomness of the sport. Was the last decade a failure for the Tigers? We won a title but I'd still give the Tigers the edge here. The Marlins have won 2 titles recently due to a couple lucky playoff runs but have been a complete joke of a franchise otherwise. My roommate is a big Phillies fan and he has said multiple times that from 2008-2011 the Phillies got better every year but did worse in the playoffs every successive year. Their worst team in that run was the only one to get it done, and the best one by far got bounced in the first round. Hell, I think that the 2006 and 2011 Cardinal teams were two of their worst teams in the last 15 years, yet those were the two that won the titles. The baseball playoffs are just so random that I don't put as much stock into who actually wins it because the best team rarely wins it all. It's still important but not nearly as much as in other sports IMO (especially the NBA).

I realize that even taking away titles the outlook doesn't look that great for us, but would so many fans here be so disgruntled right now if we had made the playoffs in two of the 2006, 2010, and 2012 seasons? I don't think so. We were very close in all three of those years, a couple small things go differently and I don't think so many fans are on the ledge if we had made the playoffs 4 times in a decade. That's not to say that I give them a pass for not making the playoffs those seasons, but this has hardly been a Pirates or Royals-like run of complete suckitude for several decades. I still had a ton of fun in those three seasons even if we ultimately didn't make the playoffs.

the idea is this team core looks sooo tasty and i can see it doing well.

the attachment of the owners toward his lackey, may cause a problem.

the best case is i can see the club getting players who can help.

Edited by LDF