My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (coco1997 @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 02:28 AM)
If you're trading Jose Quintana to the Rangers and not getting Joey Gallo back in return, pass.

i am not sold on Gallo.... i think he is a better power hitter and a little better than Davidson but that hitting avg.... forget it.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 06:50 PM)
What if it was Owens or Moncada in place of the last starting pitcher and the deal still included Anderson.

I'm not moving him. He's a year away and our number one guy. They're already getting our second best hitter too. I'm not giving them Anderson.

Dodgers wouldn't be a bad option for Q if they lose Greinkie somehow. Austin Barnes, Alex Guerrero and Jose Peraza would be nice to add to our offense/defense. We could also add a very good pitching prospect to replace Q in the future from their system. Urias would be the obvious 1 to shoot for but Jose De Leon and Grant Holmes also have a very bright future.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 03:32 AM)
Dodgers wouldn't be a bad option for Q if they lose Greinkie somehow. Austin Barnes, Alex Guerrero and Jose Peraza would be nice to add to our offense/defense. We could also add a very good pitching prospect to replace Q in the future from their system. Urias would be the obvious 1 to shoot for but Jose De Leon and Grant Holmes also have a very bright future.

well i was looking at their system earlier and i was some what intrigue. the take i got on Barnes and i have been fixated on him for a while, is the so call experts are questioning whether he would stay as a catcher in the bigs.

Guerrero, he is a butcher with the glove and he doesn't hit enuf to be dh. also, the off season he is traded, he can opt out of his contract. beside that, 10 mil contract....

Peraza. is 21 his clock is starting i think, too bad, i would have like him 1 more yr in the minors to keep learning the outfield. he came up as a SS then was moved to 2b b/c of ss-seager for all this time. now moved to the cf.

overall they have a systems of nice pitching prospects.

Unsexy, but effective offseason mock:

-Resign Alexei to a 1 yr, $7 MM deal

-Resign Soto to a 1 yr $8 MM deal

-Trade Erik Johnson for Martin Prado

-Trade Carlos Sanchez and Tyler Danish for Neil Walker

-Sign Trevor Cahill to 2 yr, $7 MM deal

CF Eaton

3B Prado

1B Abreu

DH LaRoche

RF Thompson

LF Cabrera

2B Walker

SS Ramirez

C Flowers

BE Saladino

BE A. Garcia

BE Soto

BE M. Johnson

SP Sale

SP Quintana

SP Rodon

SP Danks

SP Montas/Cahill

CL Robertson

SU Jones

SU Montas/Cahill

RP Duke

RP Petricka

RP Putnam

RP Phillips

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
Unsexy, but effective offseason mock:

-Resign Alexei to a 1 yr, $7 MM deal

-Resign Soto to a 1 yr $8 MM deal

-Trade Erik Johnson for Martin Prado

-Trade Carlos Sanchez and Tyler Danish for Neil Walker

-Sign Trevor Cahill to 2 yr, $7 MM deal

CF Eaton

3B Prado

1B Abreu

DH LaRoche

RF Thompson

LF Cabrera

2B Walker

SS Ramirez

C Flowers

BE Saladino

BE A. Garcia

BE Soto

BE M. Johnson

SP Sale

SP Quintana

SP Rodon

SP Danks

SP Montas/Cahill

CL Robertson

SU Jones

SU Montas/Cahill

RP Duke

RP Petricka

RP Putnam

RP Phillips

Looks like we MIGHT be able to go from 3rd worst offense in all of baseball to about...6th worst. I appreciate that you kept it realistic and not trying to bash you, but if that's what the FO decides to do this offseason we might as well start trading guys to start the rebuild now. I don't see the above being any more than an 80 win team.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 01:12 PM)
Looks like we MIGHT be able to go from 3rd worst offense in all of baseball to about...6th worst. I appreciate that you kept it realistic and not trying to bash you, but if that's what the FO decides to do this offseason we might as well start trading guys to start the rebuild now. I don't see the above being any more than an 80 win team.

This is why I think Hahn is likely to blow this thing up.

Aggressive but realistic moves just can't put this roster anywhere close to contention unless Mekly & LaRoche somehow miraculously get back to career averages.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)

Aggressive but realistic moves just can't put this roster anywhere close to contention unless Mekly & LaRoche somehow miraculously get back to career averages.

They're not blowing it up.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 02:11 PM)

You act like we lost 95 games last year.