My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 16, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
Fair enough. He sucked last year. I just think the Sox are better off keeping him around as I think he'd got the ability to be a very productive bat, and those don't grow on trees (well, bats do grow on trees), and they aren't cheap.

Yeah, I think he'll be better. He seems to be one of the better contact hitters on the team. But, I fully supported signing melky and now I hate it. I can't stand these players that don't hit enough to justify their bad defense.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are wanting Rich Hill, he is close to signing, Rays and Padres look to be the front runners.

I get the reasoning why some people wanted Hill to sign with the Sox, but injury risk, and the amount of innings he has pitched in the last 6 years just don't add up with his age.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
For those that are wanting Rich Hill, he is close to signing, Rays and Padres look to be the front runners.

I get the reasoning why some people wanted Hill to sign with the Sox, but injury risk, and the amount of innings he has pitched in the last 6 years just don't add up with his age.

In all seriousness, I would rather sign Jeff Samardjiza long term, versus Rich Hill to any real contract.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)

I have zero interest in Hill. I'm okay with Buehrle because of the intangibles, etc. But I'm not bringing in Hill when I think we have some other in-house options (along with a trackrecord of developing internal talent). If we spend money, it should be on positional talent where we have proven we can't develop crap.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
I have zero interest in Hill. I'm okay with Buehrle because of the intangibles, etc. But I'm not bringing in Hill when I think we have some other in-house options (along with a trackrecord of developing internal talent). If we spend money, it should be on positional talent where we have proven we can't develop crap.

I definitely agree. Rotation already is Sale, Q, Rodon, EJ, and Danks. Beck, Drabek, Montas, Jaye (maybe?), and Fulmer are all on the cusp or at least provide depth for the rotation.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)

People on here were saying they'd offer 2 years and almost 20 mill for him. He's expected to sign for 1/$5 mill haha

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 17, 2015 -> 05:12 PM)
People on here were saying they'd offer 2 years and almost 20 mill for him. He's expected to sign for 1/$5 mill haha

Rabbit said 2 yrs/$16M.

I had originally said I would offer him 1 yr/$7M.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
Or Rick Hahn can be extra Slick Rick and go throw a 1 yr/$7M deal at Rich Hill. The ghost of Rich Hill emerged for 4 starts at the end of 2015 w/ the Red Sox. He put up a 1.1 WAR with a K/9 over 11 and a BB/9 at 1.55. Dave Cameron said he has absolutely NO IDEA what kind of deal Rich Hill is going to get. Says he has certainly caught interest suddenly, but has no idea if he could get something like 1 yr/$4M or 1 yr/$12M. He says it will be probably get a 1 yr deal, as teams are unsure and Rich Hill wants to prove he's worth more.

He signed with the A's for 1 yr/$6M. He was NEVER going to get a 2 year deal.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 12:04 AM)
Rabbit said 2 yrs/$16M.

I had originally said I would offer him 1 yr/$7M.

He signed with the A's for 1 yr/$6M. He was NEVER going to get a 2 year deal.

I bet Beane spins him for a top 150 prospect in baseball in July.

Boy could the White Sox use the players the Reds are rumored to be shopping.

Frazier, Phillips, Bruce.

I'd like to roll the dice on Homer Bailey & who wouldn't love to have Aroldis Chapman?

Eaton

Phillips

Abreu

Frazier

LaRoche/Melky

Bruce/Avi

Melky/Thompson

Flowers

Saladino/Sanchez

Sale

Quintana

Bailey

Rodon

Whomever is left after the Reds raid the cupboard

Chapman

Robertson

Duke

Petricka

Jones

Putnam

Jennings

This would ONLY add about 60+ million to the '16 payroll & likely wipe out the farm system lol. (I would hope the Sox could shed Danks &/or some $ by taking on Bailey & Bruce).

Still a fairly poor defensive team.

Best rotation in AL.

Rival KC for best bullpen.

Yes, I know Jay Bruce has been awful for two seasons. In this fantasyland I assume that taking him on is a requirement to being able to afford Frazier/Chapman.

Unless the Sox can pull off something ridiculous like this, I don't see what the point of trying to compete next season.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
Boy could the White Sox use the players the Reds are rumored to be shopping.

Frazier, Phillips, Bruce.

I'd like to roll the dice on Homer Bailey & who wouldn't love to have Aroldis Chapman?

Eaton

Phillips

Abreu

Frazier

LaRoche/Melky

Bruce/Avi

Melky/Thompson

Flowers

Saladino/Sanchez

Sale

Quintana

Bailey

Rodon

Whomever is left after the Reds raid the cupboard

Chapman

Robertson

Duke

Petricka

Jones

Putnam

Jennings

This would ONLY add about 60+ million to the '16 payroll & likely wipe out the farm system lol. (I would hope the Sox could shed Danks &/or some $ by taking on Bailey & Bruce).

Still a fairly poor defensive team.

Best rotation in AL.

Rival KC for best bullpen.

Yes, I know Jay Bruce has been awful for two seasons. In this fantasyland I assume that taking him on is a requirement to being able to afford Frazier/Chapman.

Unless the Sox can pull off something ridiculous like this, I don't see what the point of trying to compete next season.

They said somewhere that Bailey might not even be ready to later in season. Tho I'm sure the Sox would like those players but listing of what kinda cost it's going to take

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
They said somewhere that Bailey might not even be ready to later in season. Tho I'm sure the Sox would like those players but listing of what kinda cost it's going to take

cincy is 1 team that i like to trade only for Frazier but his price alone would be steep, can you imagine chapman in that group???

Off Season Rebuild Plan

Make Rick Renteria manager mid season.

Free Agency:

Sign SP Trevor Cahill 1 year/5 million

Trades:

White Sox trade SP Chris Sale, CF Adam Eaton, SS Tim Anderson and C Tyler Flowers to the Red Sox for SS Xander Bogaerts, CF Mookie Betts, C Blake Swihart, 3B Rafael Devers, SP Eduardo Rodriguez and SP Teddy Stankiewicz

White Sox trade SP Jose Quintana and SP Frankie Montas to the Rangers for OF Nomrn Mazara, 2B/SS Jurickson Profar, SP Luis Ortiz, and SP Dillon Tate

White Sox trade 1B Jose Abreu and SP Erik Johnson to the Pirates for SP Tyler Glanslow, 1B Josh Bell, OF Austin Meadows, and SP Clay Holmes

White Sox trade LF Melky Cabrera to the Astros for OF Danry Vazquez and SP Asher Wojciechowski

White Sox trade CP David Robertson to the Astros for SP Joe Musgrove and SP Jandel Gustave

Lineup:

CF Mookie Betts

2B Jurickson Profar (S)

SS Xander Bogaerts

1B Josh Bell (S)

C Blake Swihart (L)

RF Trayce Thompson

DH Adam LaRoche (L)

3B Mike Olt

LF Nomar Mazara (L)

Bench: UTIL Tyler Saladino, C Rob Brantly (L), OF J.B Shuck, OF Avisail Garcia

Rotation/Bullpen:

SP Carlos Rodon (L)

SP Trevor Cahill

SP Eduardo Rodriguez (L)

SP John Danks (L)

SP Asher Wojciechowski

RP Jacob Turner (Long man)

RP Dan Jennings (L)

RP Zach Putnam

RP Jake Petricka

RP Daniel Webb

RP Zach Duke (L)

CP Nate Jones

Very unlikely lol, but thoughts?

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Still young, and has the potential to still be a really good player.

Your giving up Q and Montas to acquire someone who's coming off major injury concerns and even when he's played at the major league level it's been bleh.

I'm sorry but I would be furious with that trade. There's some intriguing prospects there but that's just it. Intriguing.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 19, 2015 -> 12:11 AM)
That's twice I've seen him packaged with Sale and Eaton. Lol

Even if we were to move them it'd be in seperate deals to maximize value.

i still have my crazy ideas of a trade that still hasn't change. i even remember soxpride calling it crazy or something.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 18, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
I'm all for crazy ideas, but trading our number one prospect along with Sale and Eaton? Come on lol.

Keep the ideas coming though it's fun. I'm not being a dick I'm just saying it's crazy.

What if it was Owens or Moncada in place of the last starting pitcher and the deal still included Anderson.