ALDS: Astros vs. Royals Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the Lawrie drama to be rekindled, haha...

Actually, the best way to get rich gambling is just do the opposite of whatever Greg predicts!!!

Poor Gregster, these last few weeks with a $140 ticket, Hillary Clinton resuming her front runner status, Kansas football being a complete embarrassment to the Big 12, the Royals continuing to haunt him...

I predict that in the next 48-72 hours, a Royals' fan with a souvenir flag flying from the window frame will intimidate Greg into rolling through another stop sign with their exuberance and devil-may-care attitude...OR, they will smash into his back-bumper and he'll be forced to get a rental car, which will only be 25-50% covered by insurance and will end up costing more than the original ticket for rolling the stop sign.

All we would be missing would be some type of random gun crimes lost amid the celebrations taking place in KCK and the northeast section of KCMO.

QUOTE (flavum @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
I hope it's great baseball but without all of the bulls***. Probably going to be disappointed with that wish.

The Rangers' announcers were super-pissed that their team (Chris Gimenez in particular) was getting involved in fighting with the Blue Jays when they were only down by 3 runs at that time.

I guess shock with Andrus, Moreland (maybe the best 1B in the AL making that throw, but he babied/guidd it) and especially Bautista's swagger/bat flip. They were probably just shell-shocked and in disbelief.

Meanwhile, the Royals are bringing in millions more in revenue each series they advance to refortify for one last go at it next season with Gordon, Hosmer and Moustakas all likely gone after 2016.

On the other hand, Sal Perez's 5 year, $7 million contract is the biggest bargain in baseball, replacing Alexei Ramirez's deal quite awhile ago.

I'm actually quite curious to see where Zobrist eventually ends up, and what kind of deal he signs. At age 34/35, is he more concerned with playing for a winner or getting a final, 3-4 year deal from the highest bidder?

The Royals are going to eat Infante's deal, so they're definitely looking to improve at 2B. They're getting rid of Rios' $11 million ($1 million buyout), and Guthrie's $9 million, buyout ($3.5 million)...the biggest problem is still owing $18 million to Infante (basically more worthless than Danks and LaRoche at this point) and Jason Vargas, who will be coming back from a major injury at some point next year.

Luckily for them, they have those favorable deals with Perez/Escobar as well as Wade Davis, Herrera and Kendrys Morales.

Big decisions looming on Kris Medlen ($10 million option) and whether they want to pay Greg Holland to rehab from TJ for a year...they'll probably cut ties with Holland reallocate that money elsewhere.

Edited by caulfield12

Thanks to Little Hurt for recognizing I did pick the right score 7-2. Cueto did exactly what the Royals wanted him to do - win a huge playoff game. Too bad for KC his positioning in the rotation won't be optimal in the ALCS. KC is gonna have to win with Volquez/Duffy in Game One cause Volquez is a 4-5 inning pitcher now.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)
You're right, he did but was wrong on Cueto. So where does that leave the house betting market now? :P

He was wrong on the score too, lol.

THE HOUSING MARKET IS OPEN AND READY. HOUSES BY THE DOZEN!