ALDS: Astros vs. Royals Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be funny if Cueto sued the American League/Royals for lopping $25-50 million off his big FA contract...

He's already blamed Sal Perez's positioning for having a five start stretch with a 9+ ERA, refused to pitch on three days' rest this series and blown off an important charity event with a lame excuse.

Edited by caulfield12

The Ghost of White Sox Rios past has come back to haunt the Gregster this time.

All those taunts for years and years...karma.

Dunn's next movie production will probably garner him an Oscar nomination for Actor in a Supporting Role.

I think they'll be very careful to protect Madson from getting any time in this one after the other night. It's going to be all Herrera and two innings of Davis if Herrera gives up ANYTHING in the 8th. Morales might be brought in to match up with a selected lefty.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 08:44 PM)
Greg's remarkable streak about never being right about anything may continue.

So many houses will change hands tonite and now Alex Gordon will make 30 million a year for his obp (whooptie doo obp)

Cueto just earned $25 million back. Still down another $25 million for that 9+ ERA he had over a 4-5 start stretch there.

At the very least, he's at least halfway redeemed/rehabilitated in the minds of KC fans now. If he would have imploded in this game, he would be as well liked as Javy V. by White Sox fans when he returned in the future....a cascade of boos.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum...le39009429.html

This homemade Cueto video looks hilarious...

Neshek and Keuchel perhaps too late...if they were going to bring Keuchel in, it should have been to face Rios where Hinch used Fiers instead.

Hinch isn't going to come out of this series smelling likes roses.

We'll see if Yost gets second-guessed not going to Herrera or Davis here and rolling with Cueto.

Hard to argue with 16 in a row...but, on the other hand, you have the best bullpen in the majors. Tough call.

Don't like bringing in Herrera with someone on base, and he's not as comfortable in the 8th as the 7th.

I'd go with Davis if Cueto gets in trouble, but that's kind of an obvious call when he's had a sub 1 ERA or whatever for two consecutive seasons.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
I think these fastball pitchers are better for the Jays to face. I hope the Astros pull through though. For a casual fan, this is nightmare. All the teams remaining wear blue as their primary color when the Dodgers beat the Mets.

And the Dodgers and Royals have similar jerseys to a casual.

I was thinking about that today. All blue lol