**2015 World Series - Mets vs Royals**

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
For some reason I thought he was on the 1984 Tigers. Oh well.

Sometimes the example is a tad exaggerated. For the Yankees, I'm still not sure the overall ARod deal is worth it just for 2009 when they have so many championships overall.

If Doyle Alexander were on the 84 Tigers and helped them win a ring, people would look at that trade differently. Given up Smoltz would not have hurt as much if it led to a title, not to two s***ty performances in the LCS.

The Yankees are an interesting case given all the A-Rod drama. Given that it was their only title in 15 years now, I think they still might consider it worth it, I don't know though.

For a team like the Royals though, I don't care if Finnegan and Lamb win 5 Cy Youngs, they would make the trade everytime if they win the WS this year.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 08:33 AM)
If Doyle Alexander were on the 84 Tigers and helped them win a ring, people would look at that trade differently. Given up Smoltz would not have hurt as much if it led to a title, not to two s***ty performances in the LCS.

The Yankees are an interesting case given all the A-Rod drama. Given that it was their only title in 15 years now, I think they still might consider it worth it, I don't know though.

For a team like the Royals though, I don't care if Finnegan and Lamb win 5 Cy Youngs, they would make the trade everytime if they win the WS this year.

Personally, I would give it to Houston's groundskeeper. Correa doesn't get a slightly bad bounce...there's a dp there and Houston probably survives and advances.

That said, if the Royals also won the World Series next year without him, it would also change the frame of reference.

And probably the Shields/Davis for Myers/Odorizzi deal still goes down as the most important move of Moore's tenure.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
Hello. What does that have to do with this discussion? Doyle Alexander lost twice in the playoffs and the '87 Tigers lost in the ALCS. The Royals are close to winning the World Series helped by a couple of gems pitched by Cueto. Those two situations aren't comparable right now.

The point is names + snark.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)

And the one thing the Yankees have more than anyone else is money.

If the Royals win it the Cueto trade was a runaway success for KC no matter how good those other players get. Like somebody said, flags fly forever and Cueto did just what Moore wanted him to do. Win two huge games (so far) in the postseason.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
You think kc will be this good for say the next 2-3 years in your opinion?

They will have to pay their draft picks at some point. I don't know what's left on their rookie contracts (Hosmer, Moustakas)

Rios, Gordon, Zobrist, Cueto are likely gone after this season so they'll have to find a way to replace their production.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 07:55 PM)
They will have to pay their draft picks at some point. I don't know what's left on their rookie contracts (Hosmer, Moustakas)

Rios, Gordon, Zobrist, Cueto are likely gone after this season so they'll have to find a way to replace their production.

Ah. Lot to lose.