Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: #WhiteSox would not go 4 years on Gordon, as @BNightengale said. Will they adjust on Cespedes? Gordon 32 this season, Cespedes 30.

.....they're seriously sticking to the 3 year thing? Welp, goodbye Cespedes.

@Ken_Rosenthal Sources: #WhiteSox would not go 4 years on Gordon, as @BNightengale said. Will they adjust on Cespedes? Gordon 32 this season, Cespedes 30.

I don't blame the Sox one bit and am glad they didn't go four years on Gordon. I do think the Sox are willing to go more than three years for Cespedes though. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Hey maybe we can give Garcia a boat paddle next year instead of a bat. That would help.

This is seriously stupid. The White Sox are just waisting those free agents time if they are sticking to that 3 years nonsence.

More importantly they;re waisting our time. Unless all year teams only hit the ball in the infield.

Edited by Baron

Would love just one juicy tidbit linking the Sox and Cespedes today, give me and the rest of us hope. Either that or I want Hahn to come out and say the market has now priced us out and we will look at other affordable options through trades or FA outside of the big two. I feel like the past two weeks have been torture with the ups and downs and roller coaster ride that has been the big three rumor train. I just want a conclusion and soon.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 10:02 AM)
Would love just one juicy tidbit linking the Sox and Cespedes today, give me and the rest of us hope. Either that or I want Hahn to come out and say the market has now priced us out and we will look at other affordable options through trades or FA outside of the big two. I feel like the past two weeks have been torture with the ups and downs and roller coaster ride that has been the big three rumor train. I just want a conclusion and soon.

If the 3 year thing was reality we wouldn't even be in the running. We need to pony up with at least 4 years, possibly a 5th, with an average of at least $20 million a year to sit at the table at this point imo. Nationals, Angels, Orioles, possibly the Tigers are all legit threats to land either Cespedes or Upton. ANd don't count out STL, they have cash to burn and need to replace Heyward.

So we weren't posturing. If we offer Cespedes 3 years then he won't accept. The FO has to know that.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
So we weren't posturing. If we offer Cespedes 3 years then he won't accept. The FO has to know that.

I understand it for Gordon. I'm ok with that. If they do it to Cespedes and lose out I'll be pissed. Cespedes is younger is why I don't buy it.

I really think this was the sticking point for sox on gordon. Not wanting to go more then 3 years on him. Again he's going to be 32. For Cespedes I don't believe that is the only amount of years they will go on him. He's younger. Remember that before the whole 3 year thing it was 4 or maybe 5 year deal which would represent better for Cespedes.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
Smart move to not go over 3 years on Gordon due to his relatively advanced age. Cespedes and Upton are obviously different stories and so you offer more years.

I agree with you, but the original report was that we were only offering 3 years to both Gordon and Cespedes.

This guy below isnt a source but he is along my way of thinking. I feel like they are pushing the Royals to spend...now they'll push someone else to spend........and then when the big names are off the board, they'll have a three year deal with a Dex Fowler or Gerardo Parra or something, which will leave enough money to bring back Alexei and be holeless. I may be crazy but I think that's the plan.

To have a nice deal on a RF and maybe an Ian Desmond instead of Alexei--- it might actually be more total value than just Cespedes, who has only had one outstanding year ever

James Fegan ‏@JRFegan 4m4 minutes ago

The crowded OF market could allow the Sox to get someone good on three years or less, just not Cespedes nor Upton.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
This guy below isnt a source but he is along my way of thinking. I feel like they are pushing the Royals to spend...now they'll push someone else to spend........and then when the big names are off the board, they'll have a three year deal with a Dex Fowler or Gerardo Parra or something, which will leave enough money to bring back Alexei and be holeless. I may be crazy but I think that's the plan.

James Fegan ‏@JRFegan 4m4 minutes ago

The crowded OF market could allow the Sox to get someone good on three years or less, just not Cespedes nor Upton.

Giving up a draft pick for Dexter Fowler would be monumentally stupid IMO.