2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
HA!

I wouldn't figure you'd see it this way, but standard Clinton procedure for anything has been to pretend it doesn't exist, then organize mass outrage machine and victim blaming before transitioning into denial, then apology and change of heart.

I will let you decide which stage we are in today as the Hill-bots are in full form today.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
I wouldn't figure you'd see it this way, but standard Clinton procedure for anything has been to pretend it doesn't exist, then organize mass outrage machine and victim blaming before transitioning into denial, then apology and change of heart.

I will let you decide which stage we are in today as the Hill-bots are in full form today.

And the official Republican position has been to drag out the investigation as long as humanly possible to make sure it runs into the election season.

Kevin McCarthy, the current House majority leader and the heir apparent to outgoing Speaker John Boehner, directly linked the Benghazi panel to decreased support for the Democratic frontrunner during an appearance on FOX News Tuesday night.

"Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee," McCarthy said. "What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she's untrustable. But no one would have have known any of that had happened had we not fought and made that happen."

Now this is amazing. Hillary accepted the leaked debate questions?? That says nothing about her character, though. She saw nothing wrong in accepting the questions. Hey, all's fair when you are the Clintons, right?

She should never have accepted the questions in advance. A trustworthy person wouldn't have. These small signs add up, people. Explain this one!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-cuts-ties-wi...-183855590.html

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
Now this is amazing. Hillary accepted the leaked debate questions?? That says nothing about her character, though. She saw nothing wrong in accepting the questions. Hey, all's fair when you are the Clintons, right?

She should never have accepted the questions in advance. A trustworthy person wouldn't have. These small signs add up, people. Explain this one!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cnn-cuts-ties-wi...-183855590.html

Look at it like the SAT essay exam.

It's pretty hard to imagine questions were asked that hadn't been anticipated from either camp. You can research past debates and moderators and their styles of questioning quite easily.

I would argue that Clinton actually does worse when she's overprepared, uses pretested jokes or forces soundbites, etc.

Let's say there are a field of 500 possible essay questions (released items from past exams) for the SAT. Students here in China will memorize every single one and develop a strategy with three bullet points of how to handle that question. The problem is that sometimes their answers will seem too rehearsed and robotic on speaking exams...but it does work fairly well for essays.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 11:40 PM)
Look at it like the SAT essay exam.

It's pretty hard to imagine questions were asked that hadn't been anticipated from either camp. You can research past debates and moderators and their styles of questioning quite easily.

I would argue that Clinton actually does worse when she's overprepared, uses pretested jokes or forces soundbites, etc.

Let's say there are a field of 500 possible essay questions (released items from past exams) for the SAT. Students here in China will memorize every single one and develop a strategy with three bullet points of how to handle that question. The problem is that sometimes their answers will seem too rehearsed and robotic on speaking exams...but it does work fairly well for essays.

This is all pretty bad though. The person who leaked the questions should be ashamed of herself. And again, why accept the question if you are Hillary? Don't you agree little things can say a lot about a person? If she gets a leaked question shouldn't she tell the leaker to give one to Trump as well?

So Comey got all this praise from Democrats when he first let Hillary off the hook. Now he's getting hammered from all sides since he decided to look at the e-mails some more. You can't make this stuff up.

So before, you hear all these clips of Democrats saying how stellar the FBI director is. Now ... he's the worst! He should be fired. Etc.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 05:44 PM)
This is all pretty bad though. The person who leaked the questions should be ashamed of herself. And again, why accept the question if you are Hillary? Don't you agree little things can say a lot about a person? If she gets a leaked question shouldn't she tell the leaker to give one to Trump as well?

When's the last time you heard of that happening?

St. Francis Xavier ethics class/student officer elections?

It's amazing how you hear different stuff. CNN has Hillary winning in the landslide I predict. However ABC I think had it tied.

Meanwhile, don't shoot the messenger, Hillary fans. But driving tonight I was listening to Hannity and he had a sheriff on blasting Hillary for his behavior in allegedly laughing while representing the guy who raped a 12 year old years ago and the 12 year old was brutally attacked. Is this some sort of bulls*** story or did Hillary really do this? Hannity was playing clips of Hillary laughing, etc., and the sheriff and victim were on and both attacked Hillary.

If this story is true, how can you Hillary supporters even consider voting for her? I'm assuming there's a chance it's all true since Hannity spent his whole show on it.

I mean, yes, Donald is disgusting, but how can anybody put an X next to Hillary Clinton's name? I also heard Larry the Cable Guy say the U.S. will fall apart completely if she is elected and has eight years to wreck things. So is it over? Will the USA become an utter disaster under Hillary like they say?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
It's amazing how you hear different stuff. CNN has Hillary winning in the landslide I predict. However ABC I think had it tied.

Meanwhile, don't shoot the messenger, Hillary fans. But driving tonight I was listening to Hannity and he had a sheriff on blasting Hillary for his behavior in allegedly laughing while representing the guy who raped a 12 year old years ago and the 12 year old was brutally attacked. Is this some sort of bulls*** story or did Hillary really do this? Hannity was playing clips of Hillary laughing, etc., and the sheriff and victim were on and both attacked Hillary.

If this story is true, how can you Hillary supporters even consider voting for her? I'm assuming there's a chance it's all true since Hannity spent his whole show on it.

I mean, yes, Donald is disgusting, but how can anybody put an X next to Hillary Clinton's name? I also heard Larry the Cable Guy say the U.S. will fall apart completely if she is elected and has eight years to wreck things. So is it over? Will the USA become an utter disaster under Hillary like they say?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinto...5-rape-suspect/

So we're now to the point where no political candidate can laugh under any circumstances.

If you're a lawyer, there are nuanced cases like this (often taken pro bono) where there's no clear right or wrong. If we jump to the conclusion that any man accused of rape is guilty without a trial and no female lawyer should ever defend someone accused of rape, where does that get us as a society?

She wasn't laughing at the defendant or her client. Twitter's ability to allow posters to slant every situation through their own politicized lens is slowly eroding public discourse to the point where there's really no incentive to be honest, rational or even attempt to be objective anymore.

And that does it.

Larry The Cable Guy and Joe The Plumber are the only ones capable of really fixing this mess, getting under the hood and really giving our entire Federal government an overhaul.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 04:42 AM)
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinto...5-rape-suspect/

So we're now to the point where no political candidate can laugh under any circumstances.

If you're a lawyer, there are nuanced cases like this (often taken pro bono) where there's no clear right or wrong. If we jump to the conclusion that any man accused of rape is guilty without a trial and no female lawyer should ever defend someone accused of rape, where does that get us as a society?

She wasn't laughing at the defendant or her client. Twitter's ability to allow posters to slant every situation through their own politicized lens is slowly eroding public discourse to the point where there's really no incentive to be honest, rational or even attempt to be objective anymore.

And that does it.

Larry The Cable Guy and Joe The Plumber are the only ones capable of really fixing this mess, getting under the hood and really giving our entire Federal government an overhaul.

Thanks for the post. I'm just wondering if Hillary did this. Sorry I am not following every single allegation and story. Thanks caulfield. Your post was 80 percent telling me what I need to know.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 5, 2016 -> 07:50 AM)
Pretty sure the whole story has her laughing about lie detectors, because that was when she realized not to trust them. She was a public defender at the time.

Caulfield's link confirms.

I can buy that.

To Hillary lovers ... Now that you have the presidency wrapped up, are you a.) thrilled? b.) just relieved Trump the Chump won't be our leader. Are you confident Hillary will lead us to greatness?

I know you all hate me for this and hate me in general, but I truly feel she will be impeached within 15 months. Hope we can survive as a nation.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 08:13 PM)
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/795284806510714881

Greg'a favorite Chelsea used Clinton Foundation to pay for her wedding among other things.,

I wonder if Hillary will get asked any of this stuff after she's elected on Tuesday. LOL. Her presidency will be one investigation after another until she resigns. Her vice prez Kaine s gonna be president at some point that is for sure.

The Clintons are so cheap. I mean they could afford to pay for Chelsea's wedding on their own. They probably figured the foundation money was owed to them for their service and felt OK about taking it for the wedding.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 6, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/795284806510714881

Greg'a favorite Chelsea used Clinton Foundation to pay for her wedding among other things.,

This is the one that is truly appalling. Hillary and Bill are just like Trump. Anything for a buck for their family. She will be impeached. You wait.

p.s. Love the timing on the Comey thing. I thought Trump was premature in drooling over how great Comey is when he reopened the email thing. It was obvious this would be the FBI's conclusion. Trump gave a good statement today. Said Hillary can get away with anything and only the American people can punish her by not voting her in. Fat chance. This will swing the polls wildly in her favor and Hillary is president and folks we are in big trouble as a nation.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 06:56 PM)
The GOP and this thread lives despite earlier reports. Republican President, Republican House and Republican Senate. Wow.

At the end of the day Hillary Clinton underperformed Barack Obama by 6 million votes, or about a 10% fall off. To me, that is the postmortem of this election on the Democrats side.