2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

The odds of the Anthony Weiner case having anything to do with national security are 1/10,000...

Impeachment? Even the most right wing Republicans realize the damage it would do to the country, and that would put Kaine in office, anyway. Unless the economy completely fell apart, he would have a much easier time than HRC holding office in 2020.

Btw, did they indict or impeach Bush or Colin Powell for lying to the entire world? The consequences of that lie were hundreds of thousands of lives lost and only a couple of trillion dollars.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 12:46 PM)
Find me one credible site that says odds are "good" that Hillary will be impeached. Not a humor site, not Infowars, not a blog with conservative or red in the title. An actual site with journalists saying odds are good Hillary will be impeached.

Go.

I heard the former assistant director of the FBI say this HAD to be serious for Comey to do what he did yesterday. That guest was pretty powerful in indicating the seriousness of this. Does Obama have the power to fire Comey? That could be the next to come of this.

Don't forget, other people in the FBI were furious at his letting Hillary slide the first time. Comey has to be tougher this time or they will leak, leak leak info. As far as impeachment, I don't know who said it but Chris Wallace was very tough on her and during his discussion somebody did say she could be president and the first six months be involved in her own trial. I did hear that. If she's guilty, she has to be impeached unless she pardons herself (which I heard is actually legal).

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
Strike one. Try again.

Provide me a link from a reputable site saying impeachment is likely.

I guess you win here.

But you don't see a logical result of impeachment? She's going to win the election and she's going to continue to be investigated. You are just so sure she's innocent? Hillary Clinton?

Actually I win. Limbaugh mentioned it and do a simple google of Hillary Clinton could be impeached. The Washington Times said it; many are saying it.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
You haven't shown me anything, and to answer your question...no, there is no logical route to impeachment right now.

Greg, tell me what is the actual issue with latest re-opening by the FBI? What are they investigating? Do you know? Does anyone at this time? Tell me the facts. When you do, tell me how the facts draw a line to impeachment.

Is it this? https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/792387305176653824

You have zero idea what you are talking about...like always.

Cant you do a google search? Do I have to link all the stuff I found? Did you read the Tribune story calling for the Democrats to remove her? A lot of people are appalled by the email thing.

Washington Times, not reputable.

The ones within the FBI complaining the most vociferously are those whose allegiances lie with the right hand aisle of the political spectrum. It's not as if the entire FBI rank and file is Dem because Obama is president. These are agents who have been working for multiple presidents, and, by and large, lean to the GOP, at least slightly.

So one, it would not be in the best interests of the country to impeach her...it would be seen as a political witch hunt like Bill Clinton's hearings in 1998/99. Two, it would give them a more difficult, younger opponent in Kaine in 2020. His popularity will be similar to Biden.

So if Greg really is a lifelong GOPer until recently, the only thing that will give you the presidency is a complete economic collapse, and a different prescription than trickle down economics. Does really anyone want that? To burn the country down? The GOP simply needs to find a more market-based method to provide health care that doesn't leave things worse for the poor and middle class than 2008. They articulate that vision, they have a decent opportunity to bring Hispanics and Asians back into the fold.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 12:44 AM)
Washington Times, not reputable.

The ones within the FBI complaining the most vociferously are those whose allegiances lie with the right hand aisle of the political spectrum. It's not as if the entire FBI rank and file is Dem because Obama is president. These are agents who have been working for multiple presidents, and, by and large, lean to the GOP, at least slightly.

So one, it would not be in the best interests of the country to impeach her...it would be seen as a political witch hunt like Bill Clinton's hearings in 1998/99. Two, it would give them a more difficult, younger opponent in Kaine in 2020. His popularity will be similar to Biden.

So if Greg really is a lifelong GOPer until recently, the only thing that will give you the presidency is a complete economic collapse, and a different prescription than trickle down economics. Does really anyone want that? To burn the country down? The GOP simply needs to find a more market-based method to provide health care that doesn't leave things worse for the poor and middle class than 2008. They articulate that vision, they have a decent opportunity to bring Hispanics and Asians back into the fold.

I am a lifelong GOPer but I said before I may need to be reclassified. I voted for Obama last time and won't vote Republican this time either. I'm not sure I voted for McCain before that because I despised Palin. In Kansas I despise Brownback and didn't vote for him. So I guess I am not Republican.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 11:56 PM)
I am a lifelong GOPer but I said before I may need to be reclassified. I voted for Obama last time and won't vote Republican this time either. I'm not sure I voted for McCain before that because I despised Palin. In Kansas I despise Brownback and didn't vote for him. So I guess I am not Republican.

Seems like you despise all female politicians. What's that about?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Seems like you despise all female politicians. What's that about?

Hillary and Palin? My gosh that's a small sample size. I'm pretty sure I didn't vote for McCain because Palin quite frankly sickens me. Hillary ... I can't stand anything about her except Kate McKinnon's portrayal. I love Elizabeth Dole and others.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
He does like Meghan McCain. So there's that.

Yes. She is a pro. Doesn't interrupt her guests.

Looks like the media's strategy and Hillary's is to go after Comey and the FBI. Smart smart move. She is correctly banking on the fact the media will back her on this and her supporters will readily blame the FBI upon her lead. Smart move by the Hillary camp as the media are going to rip the FBI mercilessly all days leading up to the coronation day.

I'll give Hillary's camp credit. They know politics and they know the support they have from the media is vital here.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
Still waiting on that link, Greg.

Here are links as the talk is she will be indicted and/or impeached

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/heres-what...-or-steps-down/

She can and will pardon herself

http://lawnewz.com/opinion/if-hillary-is-i...ht-be-helpless/

How bout this one. Impeach movement immediately after election

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/10/28/c...wn-bible/214195

She'll be impeached for sure

https://www.conservativereview.com/commenta...st-be-impeached

Rush and I think alike

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/10/05/...cted-impeached/

I guess the better question is could she still be prosecuted or indicted by DOJ without an impeachment hearing or trial in the House?

Would guess the answer is no, but considering Crooked Hillary and Lock Her Up, it's a strange strategy to promote an eventuality which can't happen constitutionally....but nothing is surprising anymore.

What if the "crime" was committed post-election but pre-inauguration?

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
Strike 3?

You gave me links from Breitbart (who's editor in chief is the CEO of the Trump campaign), Conservative Review, and a link to Jeffery Lord on CNN, who Anderson Cooper and the rest of the talking heads said was ridiculous.

From the lawnewz site, who is run by Dan Abrams and is fairly well respected...you sent over a link with this paragraph. Did you actually read what you linked?

Really, Greg? That's what you're bringing to the the table?

Well, they can prosecute her when she's President and throw her in the slammer. I guess she remains president in jail? Maybe it's like when a manager gets tossed and sends up decisions from the clubhouse to the dugout.

QUOTE (Tony @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 04:13 AM)
You make me sad.

You don't agree that the Clintons are full of smoking guns? You don't agree the Clintons are shady characters? Why are you behind her so much? Do you even accept the fact she might be guilty? If not, why not? I am more skeptical. There's no reason to support Trump because of all the things he's said and done in his life; and there's also no reason to support Hillary.

I'm not looking forward to her raising taxes on everybody, either. I want the 1 percenters out of the political game. Why don't you?

MEANWHILE, Wolf Blitzer gets hot under the collar trying to save Hillary's hide on the issue

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10...nfo-sot-tsr.cnn

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 12:19 AM)
You don't agree that the Clintons are full of smoking guns? You don't agree the Clintons are shady characters? Why are you behind her so much? Do you even accept the fact she might be guilty? If not, why not? I am more skeptical. There's no reason to support Trump because of all the things he's said and done in his life; and there's also no reason to support Hillary.

I'm not looking forward to her raising taxes on everybody, either. I want the 1 percenters out of the political game. Why don't you?

MEANWHILE, Wolf Blitzer gets hot under the collar trying to save Hillary's hide on the issue

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10...nfo-sot-tsr.cnn

GUILTY. OF. WHAT?

Lynch tells everyone they aren't charging Clinton shortly before the election, even after meeting with Bill Clinton, not politics.

Comey reopens the investigation, telling everyone why, politics.

This is why people have no faith in our political system anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
Lynch tells everyone they aren't charging Clinton shortly before the election, even after meeting with Bill Clinton, not politics.

Comey reopens the investigation, telling everyone why, politics.

This is why people have no faith in our political system anymore.

After the meeting with Clinton, Lynch told everyone that the DOJ would abide by the recommendation from the FBI - to charge or not to charge. So unless I missed something, the first statement is not really accurate (and I might have missed something).

Comey was in a bad spot, and he was obviously worried about something leaking - hence notifying Congress. But I think it's fair to say that his letter was worded in such a way that it allowed people to run with wildly divergent interpretations of the facts. The facts here are that e-mails from Clinton's private server appear to have been discovered as part of the Weiner investigation, but there is literally zero information as to whether those e-mails are duplicates, consistent, or in any way change the FBI's prior recommendation.

IMO, Comey knew or should have known that the letter was vague as all hell. And, as a result, he should have disclosed as much relevant information as he was legally allowed to disclose. My initial reaction to the headline that the investigation was reopened was "oh crap - there must be a smoking gun!" And for people who don't read beyond the headline, Comey's act might be enough to convince them that Hillary Clinton is guilty (or in Greg's case to convince them that they were right about this stuff from the word go).

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 31, 2016 -> 02:11 PM)
The funniest thing about the FBI reopening this case is that HRC's camp is yelling out "release all the information you got" under some guise of transparency. They all know the DOJ couldn't release their evidence in an ongoing criminal investigation.

Honestly if this Clinton's had done this years ago, this issue would be long since dead and buried.