John Titor

this maybe old news, but it is new to me.

A man by the name of John Titor claimed to be a military General from 2036 on a mission to test a new time machine invented with the help of General Electric in 2036. On March 15, 2001 he claimed to be going back and has not been back since. He told of many things in our future including...

Here is a prediction I copied and pasted from a site built by some of his supporters

Prediction 1- America will soon be engaged in civil war with itself; a civil war that we'll see the beginnings of during 2004 and 2005, escalating until it is indisputable by 2008 ("a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over") and "will consume everyone in the US by 2012" (no vague Nostradamus ramblings or Bible-baloney in this stark prediction).

In the real essay he talks more in depth claiming that there will be waco type engagements between citizens and government once everymonth by 2005.

This guy also says starting in 2015 there will be a major nuclear war that will wipe stuff out.

It pretty much sounds popostrous, except for the fact that the guy is a total genious based on his essays of modern science, physics, and the time machine and things of such. people sent him many questions which he answered. It is pretty unbelievable how smart he is my guess that John Titor is some guy who is so smart that he decided he could pass off as someone from the future.

I searched his name and a plethora of sites about "john titor time traveler" came up including Johntitor.com. I would search this if you are bored, just for an intriguing read.

I don't think a civil war is so improbable. There is such a strain I think, between the elites and the plebians. You have people starving on the street, people working three jobs to scrape by, and then there are CEO's and athletes and movie stars in multi-million dollar homes. I know it's capitalism etc, I know why it happens, but I can foresee people getting tired of it. That and the government becoming so controlling, I could see a backlash there.

Though I'm not saying I believe this guy is really from 2036. Most likely he's a wacko craving attention, but his ideas are not so far-fetched I think.

It is funny too because I just finished the Martian Chronicles, and it talks alot about society, how ugly it "became" in the 1990's/2000's (I put became in quotes because it was all speculation, the book being written in the 60's). Much of society escapes to Mars right before a nuclear war in 2006. The events in that book may be fiction, but the ideas are on point. I just the last part doesn't come true.

I don't think a civil war is so improbable. There is such a strain I think, between the elites and the plebians. You have people starving on the street, people working three jobs to scrape by, and then there are CEO's and athletes and movie stars in multi-million dollar homes. I know it's capitalism etc, I know why it happens, but I can foresee people getting tired of it. That and the government becoming so controlling, I could see a backlash there.

Though I'm not saying I believe this guy is really from 2036. Most likely he's a wacko craving attention, but his ideas are not so far-fetched I think.

It is funny too because I just finished the Martian Chronicles, and it talks alot about society, how ugly it "became" in the 1990's/2000's (I put became in quotes because it was all speculation, the book being written in the 60's). Much of society escapes to Mars right before a nuclear war in 2006. The events in that book may be fiction, but the ideas are on point. I just the last part doesn't come true.

In 2000 Titor talks about how the government becomes very controlling in the near future and does things such as unwarranted searches and arrests.

Though I don't believe Titor is from the future, it is funny how the government has already started doing things like that to crack down on terror

A man by the name of John Titor claimed to be a military General from 2036 on a mission to test a new time machine invented with the help of General Electric in 2036. On March 15, 2001 he claimed to be going back and has not been back since. He told of many things in our future including...

Here is a prediction I copied and pasted from a site built by some of his supporters

Prediction 1- America will soon be engaged in civil war with itself; a civil war that we'll see the beginnings of during 2004 and 2005, escalating until it is indisputable by 2008 ("a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over") and "will consume everyone in the US by 2012" (no vague Nostradamus ramblings or Bible-baloney in this stark prediction).

In the real essay he talks more in depth claiming that there will be waco type engagements between citizens and government once everymonth by 2005.

This guy also says starting in 2015 there will be a major nuclear war that will wipe stuff out.

It pretty much sounds popostrous, except for the fact that the guy is a total genious based on his essays of modern science, physics, and the time machine and things of such.  people sent him many questions which he answered.  It is pretty unbelievable how smart he is my guess that John Titor is some guy who is so smart that he decided he could pass off as someone from the future.

I searched his name and a plethora of sites about "john titor time traveler" came up including Johntitor.com.  I would search this if you are bored, just for an intriguing read.

LMAO. If this guy is so genius, and he is from the future, and he is smart enough to build a time machine...................maybe he would use all that intelligence to prevent what he claims is going to happen? :rolleyes:

What a moron.......

It pretty much sounds popostrous, except for the fact that the guy is a total genious based on his essays of modern science, physics, and the time machine and things of such.  people sent him many questions which he answered.  It is pretty unbelievable how smart he is my guess that John Titor is some guy who is so smart that he decided he could pass off as someone from the future.

I searched his name and a plethora of sites about "john titor time traveler" came up including Johntitor.com.  I would search this if you are bored, just for an intriguing read.

LMAO. If this guy is so genius, and he is from the future, and he is smart enough to build a time machine...................maybe he would use all that intelligence to prevent what he claims is going to happen? :rolleyes:

What a moron.......

you cant dispute whether he is a genious or not, he discusses physics to the point where physicists on the internet were amazed by what he knew.

As far as the time machine, the way he claims it is used is probably a common theory, not something he just pulled out of his ass.

And he states why he isn't trying to prevent, I just haven't gotten that far yet.

Like I said, you cant dispute his IQ, but you can dispute his mental sanity.

I find the website very interesting. However, even if i wanted to believe it, i cant. He tells everyone he is a time traveler, but he cant even give a stock tip to prove it? He doesnt care if anyone believes him? Ummm then why go public? :rolleyes: Sorry, he is not too smart for me.... :P

I find the website very interesting.  However, even if i wanted to believe it,  i cant.  He tells everyone he is a time traveler, but he cant even give a stock tip to prove it?  He doesnt care if anyone believes him?  Ummm then why go public? :rolleyes: Sorry, he is not too smart for me.... :P

Okay ive read enough. His answers are as vague as Nostradamus. He doesnt seem so smart to me, and it seems as if he made up this hoax for attention. Hes probably some geek with no life, no family, no friends, no money. Thats my two cents.

He is a pretty impressive fluke IMO. The guy has just enough technological knowledge to throw some stuff out there at you, then he is vague enough to let people read into it what they want to. PLus with some solid geopolitical and history knowledge, how hard would some of this stuff be to come up with?

If this guy is so genius, and he is from the future, and he is smart enough to build a time machine...................maybe he would use all that intelligence to prevent what he claims is going to happen? :rolleyes:

What a moron.......

If you have watched Back To The Future then you will know that if he truly did come back from the future, then he must not disturb anything as not to alter the "space time continuem" As exampled in the movie, Marty has to avoid his mom because she likes him and not his dad; of course if they never meet then he's never born.

If what the guys saying is true, why is he going around telling everyone about a civil war that will begin in the next couple years? Won't that somehow effect the course of the future? If anyone ever had a chance to travel back in time, think how many people would somehow disrupt Sep.11. There possibly would of never been attacks on Iraq, Afghanistan. Thousands of people would still be living on this planet. Who knows how they could of changed history.

I have an idea to prove this Titor guy wrong. If time travel does exist, then somebody who comes back from the future to the present email me at KENN64@aol.com by 2:00 Ct and tell me the results of the final games of the 2003 White Sox season. Maybe some time down the line someone who read this post will remember, travel back in time and write me an email. :bang

Another thing about John Titor, I wonder how old he is? If he comes back from the year 2036, isnt it safe to say he would of been born by now. Im doubtful hes younger then 33 years old with that much knowledge in physics.

Wouldnt there be some confusion if some lady goes online and sees information about a son that shares the same name as him. I dont mean to sound grotesque here, but what if somehow the lady can't stand the thought of this and kills him. Then he will disappear as if he never existed. Sure took a risk to publish this kind of information.

Another thing about John Titor, I wonder how old he is?  If he comes back from the year 2036, isnt it safe to say he would of been born by now.  Im doubtful hes younger then 33 years old with that much knowledge in physics.  Wouldnt there be some confusion if some lady goes online and sees information about a son that shares the same name as him.  This guy sure took a risk to publish this kind of information.

He said he was "born" in 1998.

He said he was "born" in 1998.

He also said meeting himself wouldnt be a problem. :rolleyes: We all have several "world Lines." The guy is an obvious fake. HE wont provide any info to prove hes not a fake, yet he insists hes a time traveler. He doesnt care if anyone believes him, yet he spent hours per day giving vague, dodging answers. A desperate cry for attention is all this is........

He also said meeting himself wouldnt be a problem. :rolleyes: We all have several "world Lines."    The guy is an obvious fake.  HE wont provide any info to prove hes not a fake, yet he insists hes a time traveler.  He doesnt care if anyone believes him, yet he spent hours per day giving vague, dodging answers.  A desperate cry for attention is all this is........

Maybe what he is saying is that you would have to be born in 1998 to believe his crap... :rolleyes:

Okay ive read enough.  His answers are as vague as Nostradamus.  He doesnt seem so smart to me, and it seems as if he made up this hoax for attention.  Hes probably some geek with no life, no family, no friends, no money.  Thats my two cents.

I agree with you there. This guy actually sounds a lot like the Unabomber. Just the way he urges everyone to move away from the cities and his disdain for the government. My guess is this guy is well educated and was probably an old Cobol programmer that lost his job. He is probably holed up out in the middle of Montana hoping that what he said does come true, because he hates the fact that modern technology made his position obsolete. I remember when Y2K was approaching and guys like this were warning everyone to flee the cities and head for the hills. This sounds like the same stuff.

I read some of this site and it is very intriguing. That being said, he is most likely a fake. If family is so close and so meaningful, why would he spend a year here posting in an internet message board away from his "tight family unit". Also, Last I checked, Omaha is a fairly substantial city. Wouldn't it have been nuked?

I feel kind of silly for trying to think of clues that he's a fraud, but he DOES seem like he knows what he's talking about.

• 1 year later...
LMAO.  If this guy is so genius, and he is from the future, and he is smart enough to build a time machine...................maybe he would use all that intelligence to prevent what he claims is going to happen? :rolleyes:

What a moron.......

Well, maybe if you had taken the time to read his postings and his answers to questions, you would know that that is impossible for him to do. We are in a completely different worldline than the one he is from. If he did go back in time and "prevent what he claims is going to happen" he would effect nothing here, but some other worldline.

Maybe you should read up on what you are so inclined to opine before you post.

QUOTE(moochpuppy @ Sep 18, 2003 -> 11:04 AM)
If a major nuclear war "happened" in 2012, how the Hell was he able to construct a time machine only 24 years later?

Hey, in the Star Trek universe, we go from a postatomic horror (600 million dead) in the 2050's to launching our first warp ship in 2063.

How the Hell did someone find this thread to bump it anyway?

QUOTE(augustus_wingsby @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 04:14 PM)
Well, maybe if you had taken the time to read his postings and his answers to questions, you would know that that is impossible for him to do. We are in a completely different worldline than the one he is from. If he did go back in time and "prevent what he claims is going to happen" he would effect nothing here, but some other worldline.

Maybe you should read up on what you are so inclined to opine before you post.

Your first post on Soxtalk is devoted to this thread?

I'd like to know what led you to search our archives and ressurect this two year old drivel.