2016-2017 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 08:40 PM)
Wow, Colorado's quarterback gets hurt early in the first. That's not gonna help against a D like UW. Unless they have Urban Meyer.

He's made of glass.

Both of these teams have such tiny lines. UW is well coached but they look like Boise. I fear what Bama will do to them

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
He's made of glass.

Both of these teams have such tiny lines. UW is well coached but they look like Boise. I fear what Bama will do to them

I'm a fan of Washington and they have some talent but the Pac 12 is down and their toughest non conference opponent was Rutgers. Chris Peterson would have a good game plan with a month to work on it but no chance in the end.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
I'm a fan of Washington and they have some talent but the Pac 12 is down and their toughest non conference opponent was Rutgers. Chris Peterson would have a good game plan with a month to work on it but no chance in the end.

He needs a few years to get the talent up to snuff but by all accounts they are giving him what he needs. He's a real good coach. I personally like seeing UW good again.

The thing about Bama is they have weaknesses, but you need to be able to match up physically and especially stop the run. Not sure UW has the horses. Not sure if anyone does.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
Ballgame. I'm not convinced that UW is guaranteed a top 4 spot now but after last year with TCU I'm not making any predictions.

If they win they are. And now it's Clemson or Michigan or Wisconsin imo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
PSU vs USC?

PSU vs Alabama?

They beat #2, have another top 10 win, and actually played (but lost) a good team in the non conference as opposed to Washington. The committee changes their rules every week, wouldn't count out PSU yet. I am rooting for Washington of course.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 10:53 PM)
Alabama, Clemson, Washington, PSU isn't far fetched

It'll be Ohio State ahead of Penn State, but now the message will be the conference titles and head to head don't matter as much as the eye test.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 11:00 PM)
It'll be Ohio State ahead of Penn State, but now the message will be the conference titles and head to head don't matter as much as the eye test.

Lol. If by eye test you mean resume of your wins and losses, then yes.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
Top tier wins and # of losses (not even necessarily to who) are what always matter 100x more than anything, whether it's the eye test, conference championships, head to head, etc. Ohio State arguably has the best wins in the country. Zero chance they get left out.

Best wins and best loss.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 3, 2016 -> 11:14 PM)
Top tier wins and # of losses (not even necessarily to who) are what always matter 100x more than anything, whether it's the eye test, conference championships, head to head, etc. Ohio State arguably has the best wins in the country. Zero chance they get left out.

It just feels like the goalposts move around every year. Probably goes back to the Big 12 snub of TCU dropping three spots because they didn't have the thirteenth datapoint/championship and that being so important, until apparently it's not. The committee needs to get it's messaging right.

I do believe Ohio State is one of the best four teams in the nation, but the reasoning the committee gives every year is different.