2016-2017 NCAA football thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 04:21 PM)
Disagree. There was a missed PI in OSUs favor and an awful hold in OT that wasn't called that resulted in a Michigan TD. The 4th and 1 was clearly a first down in every angle.

Referee told you it wasn't clearly a first down on every angle. It was not confirmed, it just stood. If they ruled him short, it would have stood. There really was no good angle on TV. You would need a camera right at the spot and even then might not be able to tell.

I don't think Michigan has a legit argument they were screwed there, but it just was another call they didn't have go their way. The PI they called on Michigan was no more egregious than the one the didn't call against OSU in OT, and it happened on an uncatchable ball after the ball had gone by. 2 penalties for 6 yards is pretty fortunate.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a PI missed in first quarter right after they called one on Stribling as well.

All I want was a good look at that last spot and a measurement. Not just a quick look from an off angle.

Michigan defensive line dominated the game until they just wore down because the offense couldn't give them a rest. Every time in or near the red zone, they never threw one in the end zone. So weak.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)
Referee told you it wasn't clearly a first down on every angle. It was not confirmed, it just stood. If they ruled him short, it would have stood. There really was no good angle on TV. You would need a camera right at the spot and even then might not be able to tell.

I don't think Michigan has a legit argument they were screwed there, but it just was another call they didn't have go their way. The PI they called on Michigan was no more egregious than the one the didn't call against OSU in OT, and it happened on an uncatchable ball after the ball had gone by. 2 penalties for 6 yards is pretty fortunate.

Literally every angle shows the ball above the yard line. Live video from the field shows it. What else is there to see?

You have 44 seniors va 43 freshman and you turtle. Gained 5 yards in the fourth. I can list 20 non calls that went Michigans way, but it doesn't matter if you basically let the other team back in the game. This is what it's like actually playing on the road. It sucks.

Once again, Ohio state statistically is the least fortunate team in the country when it comes to penalties.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 26, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
If Penn State wins the Big 10, I really hate that Ohio State who lost to the Big 10 Champ is going to be in the playoff and Penn State won't. Just seems so wrong to me

You won't be the only one for sure. It's all debatable

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
Whoever wins the B1G will hop them presumably so I don't think so. Unless Clemson and Washington both lose, which may happen.

Penn state will not hop a team with a better resume that destroyed them. If Washington loses then Michigan is in according to the comments in the selection show.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
They said conference titles are only used as tie breakers. Michigan has the much better resume.

They said the same thing about head to head. I don't see a tie and their resumes will likely stand on their own. Penn State holds the ultimate card with a win over Ohio State. If they share a win over Wisconsin (Penn State's being on a neutral field), it's a reach to call it much better.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 06:52 PM)
They said the same thing about head to head. I don't see a tie and their resumes will likely stand on their own. Penn State holds the ultimate card with a win over Ohio State. If they share a win over Wisconsin (Penn State's being on a neutral field), it's a reach to call it much better.

Except Michigan has better losses and the head to head win. PSU isn't going to jump Michigan. And I think their comments on how close Michigan was to top four supports that.

If you look at the OSU games on their own, Michigan lost on the road and PSU won at home, at night, after a bye while getting statistically dominated.

Big10 is not likely getting 2 teams. The only way is if Wisconsin destroys PSU. Michigan lost to Iowa. I really have no complaints about Wisconsin being out, they choked against OSU.

But Michigan getting in over Wisconsin would be stupid. Michigan lost 2 of its last 3 games, Wisconsin only lost 2 games and both were with their best LB (Biegel) being injured. I just cant see how you can get passed Michigan losing to Iowa, a bad loss should be worse than losing a close game to a top 5 team on the road.

If Michigan doesnt lose to Iowa, Big10 probably gets 2 teams. OSU and the winner of Michigan/Wisconsin, but it would just set a terrible precedent if the big 10 gets 2 teams and neither were in the championship.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 06:35 PM)
Big10 is not likely getting 2 teams. The only way is if Wisconsin destroys PSU. Michigan lost to Iowa. I really have no complaints about Wisconsin being out, they choked against OSU.

But Michigan getting in over Wisconsin would be stupid. Michigan lost 2 of its last 3 games, Wisconsin only lost 2 games and both were with their best LB (Biegel) being injured. I just cant see how you can get passed Michigan losing to Iowa, a bad loss should be worse than losing a close game to a top 5 team on the road.

If Michigan doesnt lose to Iowa, Big10 probably gets 2 teams. OSU and the winner of Michigan/Wisconsin, but it would just set a terrible precedent if the big 10 gets 2 teams and neither were in the championship.

How is Iowa a bad loss? Last I looked, they lost to a team on the road which is currently ranked in the top 25 (and is coming off crushing a ranked Nebraska team)? I'm not saying Iowa is great, but they certainly aren't a bad team or a bad loss. Wisconsin clearly has better "losses" but by no stretch of the imagine can I cal that Iowa game a bad loss.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:52 PM)
How is Iowa a bad loss? Last I looked, they lost to a team on the road which is currently ranked in the top 25 (and is coming off crushing a ranked Nebraska team)? I'm not saying Iowa is great, but they certainly aren't a bad team or a bad loss. Wisconsin clearly has better "losses" but by no stretch of the imagine can I cal that Iowa game a bad loss.

Its all relative. At the time Michigan lost to Iowa, Iowa was un-ranked.

I really think that the only chance the Big10 has is if Washington or Clemson lose. I think that the Big10 teams end up canceling each other out.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)
Its all relative. At the time Michigan lost to Iowa, Iowa was un-ranked.

I really think that the only chance the Big10 has is if Washington or Clemson lose. I think that the Big10 teams end up canceling each other out.

OSU is in regardless, I think Wisconsin and Michigan have real shots.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 30, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
OSU is in regardless, I think Wisconsin and Michigan have real shots.

Agreed OSU is in. I think the only way WI gets in is if Clemson or Washington loses. If they both win the top 4 teams from this week will remain (maybe a bit off shuffling 2-4). I don't for the life of me see how they can put a 10-2 MI team who came in 3rd in their own division, has lost 2 out of the last 3, one of which was to an unranked IA team that WI beat, ahead of WI at 10-2 whose losses were both to top 5 teams by a combined 14 points and is playing for the conference title. I get that MI beat WI but it was at home, by 7 points, and with WI having key injuries and starting a freshman QB in his second career start. If WI wins and doesn't jump ahead of MI, regardless of whether they make the playoffs, then this whole playoff thing is a total sham and apparently conference titles mean nothing.