2016-2017 NCAA football thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 08:51 PM)
Harbaugh, dantonio, Petersen, dabo, Herman, there are many.

I don't love the way Houston played against SMU and Navy. Herman looks like a good coach, but I'm not ready to call him among the best.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
I don't love the way Houston played against SMU and Navy. Herman looks like a good coach, but I'm not ready to call him among the best.

There's a pretty large second tier and I think he's in it. First tier is coached with multiple nattys imo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 09:36 PM)
There's a pretty large second tier and I think he's in it. First tier is coached with multiple nattys imo.

I just have to figure out how to get in the Lane Kiffin tier. It can't be that hard if he did it.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Dec 8, 2016 -> 10:03 PM)
I just have to figure out how to get in the Lane Kiffin tier. It can't be that hard if he did it.

That's like the middle of the Bell curve.

He did convince Saban to run a spread offense concept at Bama when he basically wanted the no huddle banned. That takes some amount of balls.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 17, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
So Minnesota's team

Even if you believe the sex was consensual, there is still so much wrong with the situation, I'm not sure why anyone would choose that battle. The called off the boycott immediatly after the report was released.

Meanwhile, Bob Stoops under extreme fire from big sports media for what went on there.

Fournette and McCaffery skipping their bowl games and getting roasted on twitter by people who sit on their couches and watch games.

This will become the norm we should expect. Especially with the playoff system. They want to be healthy for NFL prep. I don't blame them.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
Fournette and McCaffery skipping their bowl games and getting roasted on twitter by people who sit on their couches and watch games.

This will become the norm we should expect. Especially with the playoff system. They want to be healthy for NFL prep. I don't blame them.

Danny Kanell had thoughts on this and he is being destroyed for them

His first point was "Does everyone who keeps using Jaylon Smith injury as an examplee of why players should skip bowl realize he got paid an insurance claim?"

because his 900K insurance payout is way better than the 26M guaranteed amount he was gonna get paid at his projected first round slot

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
Danny Kanell had thoughts on this and he is being destroyed for them

His first point was "Does everyone who keeps using Jaylon Smith injury as an examplee of why players should skip bowl realize he got paid an insurance claim?"

because his 900K insurance payout is way better than the 26M guaranteed amount he was gonna get paid at his projected first round slot

Kanell is a mouth breather looking for clicks. His opinion means dogs***.

If you are in a lower tier bowl game that literally means nothing and you are a possible draft pick, of COURSE you sit it out.

After that Jaylon Smith injury last season, it's not surprising. If you aren't in the playoff, it's basically an exhibition game. Fournette missed several games with his ankle injury this season, have to wonder how serious it actually was. Can't blame the kid if you know you will be drafted either way.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
After that Jaylon Smith injury last season, it's not surprising. If you aren't in the playoff, it's basically an exhibition game. Fournette missed several games with his ankle injury this season, have to wonder how serious it actually was. Can't blame the kid if you know you will be drafted either way.

I'd say the playoff games and then the top tier are all that really matter if you are thinking about coming out (Smith was hurt in the Fiesta). Anything below that and dont even risk it. Get ready for the combine and make your money while you still can.

Remember the Gore incident, I don't blame them at all. What incentive do they have to help their college? Remember they aren't sharing any of that wealth from the bowl games with them. From a player perspective, I totally get this.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Remember the Gore incident, I don't blame them at all. What incentive do they have to help their college? Remember they aren't sharing any of that wealth from the bowl games with them. From a player perspective, I totally get this.

Do you mean McGahee? I don't remember anything happening to Gore

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
Yeah but at least that was the national title game. Not the Sun Bowl.

I could care less. It is that NFL contract that is the winning powerball ticket. The players don't get a damned thing from winning a national title. If they feel like sitting out to protect themselves, more power to them.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
I could care less. It is that NFL contract that is the winning powerball ticket. The players don't get a damned thing from winning a national title. If they feel like sitting out to protect themselves, more power to them.

Nobody is arguing with you here. We all agree with the kids.