3/20 vs A's

flavum

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
Again, if Fulmer is up in June, it means not only did either an injury happen, or we had bad performances out of 4/5 starters, it also means the next guys in line flopped, and did so pretty badly if they are all being quit on that quickly.

Respectfully disagree. No sense in wasting time losing games when every game counts. Besides with Latos/Turner/ Johnson as you 5th starter, neither of whom has shown much so far, a quick hook or injury, an early promotion is very possible.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)
Respectfully disagree. No sense in wasting time losing games when every game counts. Besides with Latos/Turner/ Johnson as you 5th starter, neither of whom has shown much so far, a quick hook or injury, an early promotion is very possible.

Expecting another Carlos Rodon or Chris Sale situation is pretty crazy. Even Fulmer in September is insanely quick.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:22 PM)
Stone just really clearly said that Davidson WILL be going to AAA, and WILL be playing 3B there daily.

Charlotte could have a fun team actually. Davidson, Sanchez, and Anderson on the infield. Coats, Fields, and May in the OF. Rotation of Johnson, Beck, Turner is solid.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)

They will shut him down really early due to the innings load. I don't remember how many innings he had last year but it wasn't many. That's a huge injury risk especially with the high effort delivery.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:46 PM)
They will shut him down really early due to the innings load. I don't remember how many innings he had last year but it wasn't many. That's a huge injury risk especially with the high effort delivery.

I think they could use Fulmer out of bullpen exclusively this year in majors. Not as big of a risk because there isn't the Boras factor.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:46 PM)

Including college and pro's about 150, which puts him on pace for around 180 pretty safely

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 06:12 PM)
Including college and pro's about 150, which puts him on pace for around 180 pretty safely

That's about right. Which means if it's an important September and a playoff run, he will not be there.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
I think they could use Fulmer out of bullpen exclusively this year in majors. Not as big of a risk because there isn't the Boras factor.

Physically, it would be better as well. But there's always the debate about building innings in the minors vs. experience of pitching against MLB players

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
Physically, it would be better as well. But there's always the debate about building innings in the minors vs. experience of pitching against MLB players

Do both: have him start in the minors until July/August then call him up for the pen for extra work/gain experience and help for a potential play off push.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
That's about right. Which means if it's an important September and a playoff run, he will not be there.

....unless they limit his innings early in the season. Rodon also pitched around 150 innings last year the fewest amount in March/April , 10 innings with Charlotte 3.1 with the Sox. Right around 24- 30 the rest of the months.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)

That practice has been used on many of our starters. He can continue his development from the bull pen.\

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 20, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
....unless they limit his innings early in the season. Rodon also pitched around 150 innings last year the fewest amount in March/April , 10 innings with Charlotte 3.1 with the Sox. Right around 24- 30 the rest of the months.

That would work as well. Some have an issue doing it that way because they feel that there isnt the base work they need need to buold on as the season progresses but i personally wouldn't have an issue with it.