3/22 spring game thread

One thing I have noticed this spring...I absolutely LOVE what Jimmy Rollins brings to this team! Not only what he's done at the plate so far...but just his presence on the field. You can tell he's the QB on the infield by a long shot. Miss a cut off or throw to the wrong base...he'll let whoever the culprit is know about it an what's expected.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
We have two weeks left and regardless of it's spring training or not I am not real impressed by the 5th or 6th starter possibilities. Position players on the other hand are rally pushing each other

I'm not impressed with our 4th or 5th starters, let alone our 6th starter. Danks & Latos scare me and I've been pretty vocal that I don't buy Turner as a legit option as a #5 of a contender. I was hoping Johnson would be good and unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case (as I thought he was actually the best of the overall vote). Depth is good but if all of the depth is bad, well...than what do you do. That said, it is still spring and Latos is still working his way back. Of all the people, despite stinking last year, he has shown quite a bit of recent success so you can hope for a turnaround.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
One thing I have noticed this spring...I absolutely LOVE what Jimmy Rollins brings to this team! Not only what he's done at the plate so far...but just his presence on the field. You can tell he's the QB on the infield by a long shot. Miss a cut off or throw to the wrong base...he'll let whoever the culprit is know about it an what's expected.

I've always been a fan and I was so pumped when the Sox signed him. I've always thought we needed more leadership from that position and while Alexei seems like a fine teammate - he doesn't bring the leadership element that the IF needed. Love what I'm seeing from the new infielders, especially Rollins.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 12:37 AM)

when the sox signed rollins, i had hope he defense on the field would be his usual self, which by all accounts it is. i just question if he had anything left in the bat.

so far i love being wrong on my concerns. i wouldn't even go the the leadership thingy, well b/c i thought the sox had enuf..... boy was i wrong on that. i am sooo glad on what he brings to the game for the sox.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
I'm not impressed with our 4th or 5th starters, let alone our 6th starter. Danks & Latos scare me and I've been pretty vocal that I don't buy Turner as a legit option as a #5 of a contender. I was hoping Johnson would be good and unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case (as I thought he was actually the best of the overall vote). Depth is good but if all of the depth is bad, well...than what do you do. That said, it is still spring and Latos is still working his way back. Of all the people, despite stinking last year, he has shown quite a bit of recent success so you can hope for a turnaround.

as some have said, there are some ST time, but i am with you on the concerns. i really wish that the owners group weren't soooo freaking cheap and picked up a another sp.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 23, 2016 -> 01:14 AM)
If Eaton is growing out his beard as some type of silent protest about LaRoche, that would be extremely douchey.

oh crap, you mean mr. social media is growing a beard. he is really a annoying really classy guy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 22, 2016 -> 04:43 PM)
Discouraging from Latos. Average high fastballs with no movement is a bad recipe.

Latos melted down in his last inning. Could just be fatigue from a guy trying to get into shape. We'll see soon enough.