Should Swisher come back to the Sox????

SCCWS

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
It will never, ever, ever, ever happen, but I will say the problems were with Greg Walker and somewhat Ozzie, but I don't think it was a player issue, more coaches, who are all gone.

I recall that some of the veterans didn't like him all that much. Dye was one, I believe.

I also recall Kenny yelling at Swisher for not running out ground balls in ST that year.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Mar 28, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
Somebody who did not research his first tour of duty here.

With such a small financial cost attached, there's a good chance at least one team will explore adding Swisher as a bench bat and a veteran clubhouse presence. An AL team is more likely than an NL team for Swisher since senior circuit clubs wouldn't have the benefit of the DH spot to preserve his knees. This is just my speculation, but the White Sox stand out as a team that could use some first base/DH depth now that Adam LaRoche has retired.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/03/brav...ck-swisher.html

Have you been :drink :drink :drink ? You should be :chair :stick :fight .

coming to this thread again, i knew i dislike swisher ...

but for those who came late to soxtalk, i was trying to think of a way or how swisher earned the dislike of many sox's fans. so those who were here, why do you dislike him??

mine was his performance for his salary.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 2, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
Michael Bourn got DFA too. That was a weird trade.

They took on 2 bad contracts with one full year remaining for a bad contract with 2 years remaining. Just wanted out of bad money quicker. Makes a ton of sense for a rebuilding team with almost no financial commitments.

Edited by soxfan2014