Jose Miguel Fernandez declared Free Agent

LDF

Throwing out the strike out numbers, he seems along the Juan Pierre mold of a high batting average, no power hitter. You have to imagine in MLB his batting average would take a pretty big hit, and he would be a bench player at best in MLB.

For example even a Jose Abreu took a pretty big batting average hit when he came here. If Fernandez took a similar hit, we'd have an empty .280 hitter with zero power.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
Those are some crazy plate discipline numbers. Without knowing how those numbers would translate in the MLB, I'd stick with Carlos Sanchez who is younger, cheaper and has already faced MLB competition.

last yr, when there was talk of him coming out or basically disappearing, the sox really didn't have the options that has been establish. the question is, can he still play the infield or will he be looking for another position, as many players have done.

with any team in the mlb, he will be an enticing player that will be able to put up some statistical numbers. where he will be playing, well he will still be doing a basic showroom kind of display. the sox will be there. however i still like the idea. only time will tell.

I really wanted him last year when he first tried to defect. This time around, I would still have some interest, but not to the level it was last season.

I think he could be a real asset in the #2 slot to move the leadoff guy forward and set the table for the middle of the order bats.

Padres are supposedly the team to beat for him.