Jason >>>>>>>>>>> Hawk

ron883

QUOTE (harkness @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
Ahh k so Benetti doesn't get excited because it's early in the season...You know this how exactly? I also never said he didn't care - that is the presentation style.

I more I listen I'm starting to not like him and Stone together that much.

It's kind of like being at the movie but your friends are joking and not paying attention and you are trying to watch the movie.

It's fairly obvious Jason is a professional and the Sox have done nothing to get over the moon excited about. The season is too young.

Get back to me when he calls the Sox winning the division.

Also, if you find the horsecrap Hawk spews out now "a broadcast" and you can get past the fact that Stone visibly dislikes Hawk and hates his antics.

Hawk and Stone are like a movie where one person is trying to take the movie seriously and the other is trying to spoil it.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 19, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
It's fairly obvious Jason is a professional and the Sox have done nothing to get over the moon excited about. The season is too young.

Also, if you find the horsecrap Hawk spews out now "a broadcast" and you can get past the fact that Stone visibly dislikes Hawk and hates his antics.

Hawk and Stone are like a movie where one person is trying to take the movie seriously and the other is trying to spoil it.

Which one is taking the movie seriously?

QUOTE (harkness @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:24 PM)
I don't mind stone... but I can't say I've ever been amazed with his "intangible" perspectives.

His ability to call pitches before they happen is truly excellent. He's an amazing analyst, and when he calls games with Jason he's like a new guy.

Being an out of market watcher I seem to get the opposing team 90% of the time. I don't care who is broadcasting for the Sox, I prefer it to the opposition announcers. Then it is a steady diet of information about the team I have only a passing interest in. It doesn't matter how good of an announcing team it is.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 19, 2016 -> 05:05 PM)

Lol - "the internet truly is a wonderful place", indeed!

Here we have the White Sox who have made one and very brief postseason appearance in the last decade, are on the heels of three straight brutal seasons, and who have now been in first place for nearly a third of the season, and you say there's nothing for a White Sox announcer to get excited about. What a point of view.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 20, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)

Here we have the White Sox who have made one and very brief postseason appearance in the last decade, are on the heels of three straight brutal seasons, and who have now been in first place for nearly a third of the season, and you say there's nothing for a White Sox announcer to get excited about. What a point of view.

How quickly we forget the frailty of winning baseball.

You guys have way too strong opinions about a job that is meaningless and almost certain to fail.

These people talk over essentially dead time for 3 hours almost every day for 5 months.

He'll get better. I guarantee it. I still like him onw.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 20, 2016 -> 10:50 AM)

This is comedy cold coming from the guy who patented the 5 in 35 meme.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
Yes it has. Nobody is changing minds

Especially since both of them bring special and good things to the booth. While I love Hawk, Jason is going on me, even if he isn't Hawk. I would honestly love to hear him do a couple of games with Hawk, and hear them in the same booth.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 19, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
Too easy. Are you actually Hawk?

Tangible

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have quoted a dictionary definition. :D

My bad on a terrible straw man situation. :unsure:

Instead, I must disprove that Steve Stone is only one on the broadcast with Hawk that has real or actual baseball thoughts. Well, that is really easy. You may think that Hawk is repetitive or boring with his baseball thoughts, but the truth is is that's just your opinion. I challenge you to listen to a game Hawk broadcasts without your bias, and come back here and tell us all that he is saying nothing relevant about the baseball game. His job for that past umpteen years has been to watch the game of baseball and vocalize baseball thoughts. If he was as you say, "trying to spoil the movie", I seriously doubt he would still have a job with the Sox. He may be biased, and yes, he may be getting old, but his thoughts regarding the games are still relevant.

I think you might be just be experiencing confirmation bias, like many folks who are unenthused about Hawk. No offense to you, you have every right to dislike his broadcasts, and I'm not here to change your opinion. All I'm asking is that you keep it real. If you hate Hawk, you hate Hawk. That's fine and you can own it. There's no need to try and justify it to all of us with logical fallacies such as false analogy, composition and division, and circular reasoning. Also, I apologize for straw-manning your post in a weak manner. I should have tried harder in my response and instead opted for the lazy route.

Edited by South Sider

I enjoyed the Hawk/Plesac pairing in the booth. Plesac gave commentary just as astutely as Stone minus the attitude. FWIW I like Stone. Plesac even managed to openly disagree with Hawk a time or two without setting him off. There is very little objectivity where Hawk is concerned. Fans seem to love him or hate him (oh how some of you hate him) without any balance whatsoever. As for Jason I just wish he would go easier on the cutesy jokes. Last night he even seemed to go over the line with Stone in a bad joke referencing Duane Kuiper. The ensuing silence was deafening. Spare me the hipster and pop culture comments. Yes I'd rather hear yet another story about Yaz than something about some obscure 1990s band. I will say that he does have a better voice with a bit more pizzazz than his modern day blow dried competition. So I do watch and listen to the Sox TV announcers.