5/15- White Sox at Yankees

flavum

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Saladino sucks. For all of you who talk about how he's so much better than Rollins, remember, his OBP was .018 lower than Rollins' last year, in what was by far the worst year of Rollins' career. I don't know why anyone wants to see so much of this dope.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 15, 2016 -> 02:30 PM)
Saladino sucks. For all of you who talk about how he's so much better than Rollins, remember, his OBP was .018 lower than Rollins' last year, in what was by far the worst year of Rollins' career. I don't know why anyone wants to see so much of this dope.

defense

edit- I also don't expect a 37 year old Rollins to bounce back to his prime days offensively. You'd probably get about the same production from them at that end (and, Saladino's offensive numbers are better so far relative to PT)

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 15, 2016 -> 12:33 PM)
Dude, we're winning. This post sucks.

Yet your "Saladino sucks" without even checking numbers for this year or accounting for defense doesn't? Stay in your lane.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 15, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)
defense

edit- I also don't expect a 37 year old Rollins to bounce back to his prime days offensively. You'd probably get about the same production from them at that end (and, Saladino's offensive numbers are better so far relative to PT)

Yes, I know Saladino's defense is better. But is it so much better, or is Rollins so much of a butcher, that its worth a clearly inferior and less potent bat?

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 15, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
Yes, I know Saladino's defense is better. But is it so much better, or is Rollins so much of a butcher, that its worth a clearly inferior and less potent bat?

I suppose that is where we disagree

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 15, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
Yet your "Saladino sucks" without even checking numbers for this year or accounting for defense doesn't? Stay in your lane.

Without checking numbers? How about a .594 career OPS? How about 0 walks in 42 PAs? How about his oWAR of 0? What other numbers do you want me to check? I'd account for defense if our alternative was Marcus Semien, but it's not. It's Jimmy Rollins, who is getting old but has generally been an above average defender.

You, on the other hand, simply whined that we're going to lose. In a game that we are winning.

Your post clearly sucked more than mine.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 15, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
Without checking numbers? How about a .594 career OPS? How about 0 walks in 42 PAs? How about his oWAR of 0? What other numbers do you want me to check? I'd account for defense if our alternative was Marcus Semien, but it's not. It's Jimmy Rollins, who is getting old but has generally been an above average defender.

You, on the other hand, simply whined that we're going to lose. In a game that we are winning.

Your post clearly sucked more than mine.

Time to grow up.