5/24 - Indians (Tomlin) @ Sox (Sale) - 7:10 PM

Dunt

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 24, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
One bad game? Have you looked at Saladino's entire body of work?

Rollins has a significantly better OBP and OPS in a greater number of at-bats. Given that Tyler's numbers plummeted with increased exposure last year, I believe the same would happen this year if we let it go on. So that gap should widen.

Also, despite his speed, Saladino's produced no steals, and been caught twice. Once due to an awful slide.

His one advantage is defense, and I reject the notion that Rollins is so bad that his offensive superiority doesn't cover it.

Rollins has a .483 OPS against RHP, making him arguably one of the worst hitters in baseball against such pitchers. Throw in defense and no logical argument can be made for Jimmy over Tyler.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 24, 2016 -> 07:28 PM)
Rollins has a .483 OPS against RHP, making him arguably one of the worst hitters in baseball against such pitchers. Throw in defense and no logical argument can be made for Jimmy over Tyler.

I don't use stats a lot so don't ruin my thunder!

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 24, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Avi 2 for his last 17 (2 singles), with 0 walks and 6 strikeouts, quietly hitting below league average once again (97 wRC+)

He was doing well because he was putting the ball in the air. He stopped doing that. He has a 75% groundball rate the past couple weeks.