5/24 - Indians (Tomlin) @ Sox (Sale) - 7:10 PM

Dunt

Haven't started a game thread this season yet, so I will give this a whirl. Heading to the game tonight and am 5-0 on the season so far, hopefully staying undefeated. Let's Go Sox!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kluber had a 4+ ERA before his last start in Boston.

Granted, he shut them down after giving up 2 early runs, but he's not nearly the same pitcher he was in 2014 when he edged Sale for the Cy Young.

Of course, I was convinced that Cody Anderson was going to get lit up (since every team has done it), not light up the Sox. But you can see he has a very good arm.

Just like Carrasco, but especially Salazar and Trevor Bauer and most of their improved bullpen.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
Must win game for the Sox IMO. The shot of Kluber shutting down the offense tomorrow is pretty high, so they need to win this one for sure.

Jose Quintana's ERA is half of Kluber's on the season. Time to be positive and start thinking that their offense is the one that needs to worry.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 24, 2016 -> 09:46 AM)
Must win game for the Sox IMO. The shot of Kluber shutting down the offense tomorrow is pretty high, so they need to win this one for sure.

The Sox have hit Kluber well, especially Abreu, who has dominated him. Maybe (hopefully) Abreu can get start to get back on track with him. Kluber's velocity is down this year, and his fastball was already pretty mediocre before that happened. Despite this, fastball usage is way up this year for him, so he's been getting hit around a bit more.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 24, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
Some on twitter are speculating this means either Ishikawa is released, or maybe someone like Hayes/Davidson is promoted

I'm going with Ishikawa being released (although they haven't made a corresponding move for Johnson being optioned yet). I expect Shuck or Garcia or maybe another reliever to be called up.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 24, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
I'm going with Ishikawa being released (although they haven't made a corresponding move for Johnson being optioned yet). I expect Shuck or Garcia or maybe another reliever to be called up.

Do they need to? Isn't Kahnle still on the roster?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 24, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)

Moves are done. Kahnle stayed, Johnson and Sanchez went down. 26 to 25.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 24, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)

Ishikawa was release today. Sanchez and Johnson sent to AAA and Kahnle up to bigs