5/24 - Indians (Tomlin) @ Sox (Sale) - 7:10 PM

Dunt

QUOTE (flavum @ May 24, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
Eaton, Jackson, Frazier, Cabrera, Abreu, Lawrie, Garcia, Avila, Saladino

Why is Saladino playing again? He wasn't useless enough yesterday? Ugh.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 24, 2016 -> 05:53 PM)
Why is Saladino playing again? He wasn't useless enough yesterday? Ugh.

So you want to bench guys for having one bad game? Don't think we could field a full lineup aftet last night I guess.

And honestly, who do you want to see in there? Rollins??? No one else can play SS.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 24, 2016 -> 04:19 PM)
So you want to bench guys for having one bad game? Don't think we could field a full lineup aftet last night I guess.

And honestly, who do you want to see in there? Rollins??? No one else can play SS.

One bad game? Have you looked at Saladino's entire body of work?

Rollins has a significantly better OBP and OPS in a greater number of at-bats. Given that Tyler's numbers plummeted with increased exposure last year, I believe the same would happen this year if we let it go on. So that gap should widen.

Also, despite his speed, Saladino's produced no steals, and been caught twice. Once due to an awful slide.

His one advantage is defense, and I reject the notion that Rollins is so bad that his offensive superiority doesn't cover it.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ May 24, 2016 -> 06:32 PM)
One bad game? Have you looked at Saladino's entire body of work?

Rollins has a significantly better OBP and OPS in a greater number of at-bats. Given that Tyler's numbers plummeted with increased exposure last year, I believe the same would happen this year if we let it go on. So that gap should widen.

Also, despite his speed, Saladino's produced no steals, and been caught twice. Once due to an awful slide.

His one advantage is defense, and I reject the notion that Rollins is so bad that his offensive superiority doesn't cover it.

Can't compare Saladino and Rollins numbers offensively for the year, Saladino has had a small sample size and has produced a lot better ABs. I don't know why you love Rollins and his awesome .230 average and .179 AVG, .228 OBP, and .483 OPS against RHP. Sure looks like a guy who should be starting against RHP right now. Look at the stats please. And don't give me the bulls*** that Saladino's numbers weren't good last year as a ROOKIE.

Oh and just for comparison: Tyler's Stats against RHP last year: .230 avg, .259 OBP, .585 OPS

Saladino isn't the answer at SS but he is the best option currently against RHP.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 24, 2016 -> 07:00 PM)
Can't compare Saladino and Rollins numbers offensively for the year, Saladino has had a small sample size and has produced a lot better ABs. I don't know why you love Rollins and his awesome .230 average and .179 AVG, .228 OBP, and .483 OPS against RHP. Sure looks like a guy who should be starting against RHP right now. Look at the stats please. And don't give me the bulls*** that Saladino's numbers weren't good last year as a ROOKIE.

Oh and just for comparison: Tyler's Stats against RHP last year: .230 avg, .259 OBP, .585 OPS

Saladino isn't the answer at SS but he is the best option currently against RHP.

Let's go with a strange platoon of Saladino against righties and Rollins against lefties.

Nice catch by the fan. If I were the sox and saw people catch homers and foul balls id give away items for catching them. Would be a fun little thing to do for the fans since they struggle with attendance

I've been to literally hundreds of White Sox games and I've only come close to a gamer (within a row or two) a couple times. Sans an obscene ticket package of some serious s*** to put on my wall there is little more I want from a baseball game than a goddamn ball. At least for one to land in my row.

The reward for catching a ball is plenty.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 24, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
I've been to literally hundreds of White Sox games and I've only come close to a gamer (within a row or two) a couple times. Sans an obscene ticket package of some serious s*** to put on my wall there is little more I want from a baseball game than a goddamn ball. At least for one to land in my row.

The reward for catching a ball is plenty.

I get it I really do just saying that since they struggle with attendance. Not that it'd make much of a difference.