2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
ESPN sources say Wolves haven't surrendered their Jimmy Butler quest, but longer this night goes suggests Bulls can't bear to part with him

Wiggins or bust

this

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
Lol, whelp:

K.C. JohnsonVerified account

‏@KCJHoop

Jimmy Butler is at the Advocate Center, the Bulls' draft headquarters.

So all of those rumors were BS basically.

that means nothing...

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:36 PM)
Butler and Valentine to Thibs for Wiggins and Dunn (and whatever filler is needed) makes a ton of sense.......

Why are the Bulls having to give up more?

If the Wolves want Butler, they can over pay. If they dont want to overpay the Bulls can wait until another team is willing to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:49 PM)
Why are the Bulls having to give up more?

If the Wolves want Butler, they can over pay. If they dont want to overpay the Bulls can wait until another team is willing to.

More? Not sure what you mean by more? That deal is a win win for the Bulls future IMO...

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Why else would he be at the Advocate Center... He lives/works out in LA...

You're the one that said the rumors were BS since he was in the war room. If he's actually there it would tell me he's being traded more than that he wasn't. He's a player...not a GM...not a coach...and not an advisor.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
You're the one that said the rumors were BS since he was in the war room. If he's actually there it would tell me he's being traded more than that he wasn't. He's a player...not a GM...not a coach...and not an advisor.

I think most of it is BS. I think it's mostly overplayed hype by various parties to drum up interest. The fact that Butler is with the Bulls tonight, to me, means the Bulls want him as the franchise player unless they get blown away by an offer and can't refuse. If he was more like Rose and totally unavailable and not returning calls, parting ways for a so so offer would be more believable.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
More? Not sure what you mean by more? That deal is a win win for the Bulls future IMO...

Giving up Valentine?

And its not a win/win. Dunn/Wiggins are no sure thing. Wiggins has a lot of upside, but his greatness isnt guaranteed. Butler is the most valuable asset that the Bulls have, if they are going to trade him they need to win the trade easily. Giving up Valentine makes no sense in that respect. The whole point of Dunn/wiggins is you are getting 2 guys for 1 and that makes the risk less high because you hope that at least 1 of them turns into an All-Star. If you give up 2 players for 2 players and you are giving up the best player in the trade who is still in his prime and signed for a reasonable rate, you are unlikely to come out the winner.