2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
If something happens, we'd know pretty quickly (although I suppose, there is no reason a team couldn't make a trade at a later date (as long we liked who they selected).

Especially, lets say the Bulls like Dunn and the Celtics take him, then they could work it out through the draft. Happens in NBA at times.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 04:25 PM)
@ianbegley Heard one deal that was offered to Chicago for Jimmy Butler included Minnesota's No. 5 pick and Zach LaVine.

Lavine is a very intriguing talent, but what do we do @ 5. I still don't think it is enough. We need a star and I don't know that we are getting that, again. Wiggins and LaVine and you got something.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 1m1 minute ago

Sources: Boston is engaged with the Bulls and Sixers as Celtics inch closer to going on the clock at No. 3, league sources said.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 37s37 seconds ago

Bulls have held advanced discussions w/ Celtics centered on Jimmy Butler and No. 3 pick. Bulls love Kris Dunn. But Bulls don't love Cs offer

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
Lavine is a very intriguing talent, but what do we do @ 5. I still don't think it is enough. We need a star and I don't know that we are getting that, again. Wiggins and LaVine and you got something.

I agree. I was hoping they'd do Wiggins and 5

I want #3 and Okafor or #3 and next year's pick for Butler and whatever the heck else (if I'm doing this). That said, if we do this, get ready to be pretty bad. Staying with Butler and seeing if you can get quality PG play and eventually make a FA run isn't necessarily a bad thing. All of this comes down to how the Bulls grade out whomever they'd take @ #3. I just think Ainge is the type of guy that ultimately gets deals done, meaning, he isn't going to get hung up at the end of the day and will be willing to strengthen the terms.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
I want #3 and Okafor or #3 and next year's pick for Butler and whatever the heck else (if I'm doing this). That said, if we do this, get ready to be pretty bad. Staying with Butler and seeing if you can get quality PG play and eventually make a FA run isn't necessarily a bad thing. All of this comes down to how the Bulls grade out whomever they'd take @ #3. I just think Ainge is the type of guy that ultimately gets deals done, meaning, he isn't going to get hung up at the end of the day and will be willing to strengthen the terms.

Agree. He usually gets his guy. He wants Jimmy badly.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
If Butler was traded, would you prefer Dunn/Wiggins or Russell/Ingram as two possible trade packages?

Either, but selfishly I like Russell, then we can pick up Sullinger and Turner and just start wearing Scarlet and Gray

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 07:04 PM)
Bet they could have gotten the 5 if Dunn wasn't there. I'm sure Thibs absolutely loves Dunn given his amazing defense.

Apparently they turned down Levine and Dunn for Jimmy. Wow.

E: They as in Minnesota

Edited by Boogua

Someone from 2-10 will probably be good, I just wouldn't want to bet which guy. I definitely wouldn't pick Brown. I think 3rd year for his potential breakout at best, right about when he stops being cheap.

Edit: meant 3-10. Simmons could be great and I think Ingram is at least solid.

Edited by ZoomSlowik