2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)
Oladipo, Ilyasova and Sabonis going to the Thunder. I was going to rip them, but that's a haul.

Great trade for the Thunder. They get the much needed depth and upside in Sabonis and Oladipo.

Sounds like Butler trade gonna happen....

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
George Offman says that the Bulls are in LOVE with Dunn and seems to think they will get something done for him. But this is just Offman though. TFWIW

Stein is saying their in the advanced stages in trade talks now. Things could get crazy.

That's pretty great for OKC considering they don't let Ibaka do much anyways. They're not forced to play Roberson or Waiters now. He should find good shots with the two studs and he'll also be a useful second creator when they sit Durant or Westbrook. The one downside is they lose a lot of defensive flexibility with Ibaka. His length and switching helped a lot against GS.

Edit for large brainfart.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

I don't see the big rush to move Butler. He's only 26, his contract is about to be a massive steal, and they'll still get decent picks even if they don't get lucky. Even the 4th worst team only has a 11.9% chance to win it, it's a crap-shoot. If it's an overwhelming deal, then okay, but this doesn't look like that.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 08:10 PM)
I don't see the big rush to move Butler. He's only 26, his contract is about to be a massive steal, and they'll still get decent picks even if they don't get lucky. Even the 4th worst team only has a 11.9% chance to win it, it's a crap-shoot. If it's an overwhelming deal, then okay, but this doesn't look like that.

Exactly. The deal should be a complete no brainer.