White Sox Free Agency

The Beast

Roberto Alomar, 2b; Sandy Alomar Jr, c; Bartolo Colon, rhp; Carl Everett, of; Tom Gordon, rhp; Tony Graffanino, 2b; x-Esteban Loaiza, rhp; m-Frank Thomas, dh; x-Jose Valentin, ss.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alomar(s) back. Colon could leave, I could care less as long as we signed a guy like Ponson, Rueter, Lidle, Hitchcock, or Pettitte. Carl Everett can leave as long as Rowand can keep it rolling like he did against the Cubbies in July. Gordon I hope stays because he brings leadership to the bullpen and his stuff is just plain NASTY. Graffanino could stay as a replacement for Valentin at a much cheaper price which could be good. Another thing is I think Thomas could leave. I don't like popups, internet, nor baseball kinds. Valentin is 92 AB's away from invoking his clause of the contract, but as Bruce Levine says, I hope he can sign for 2 years cheap, straight up and flat.

I wouldn't mind seeing Alomar(s) back. Colon could leave, I could care less as long as we signed a guy like Ponson, Rueter, Lidle, Hitchcock, or Pettitte.

Not one of those guys you mentioned is in Colon's league at all. I wouldn't mind Ponson or Pettite but the rest of those guys are #4 starters. Rueter has had a nice career but thats in the NL and unless a pitcher dominates the NL I don't like him in the AL (see Todd Ritchie and Chan Ho Park). Lidle has an ERA over 6.00, I would almost rather have Danny Wright in the rotation over Lidle.

Not one of those guys you mentioned is in Colon's league at all.  I wouldn't mind Ponson or Pettite but the rest of those guys are #4 starters.  Rueter has had a nice career but thats in the NL and unless a pitcher dominates the NL I don't like him in the AL (see Todd Ritchie and Chan Ho Park).  Lidle has an ERA over 6.00, I would almost rather have Danny Wright in the rotation over Lidle.

Excellent Points. I never thought of it that way. I hope the White Sox even try an effort to re-sign him.

Colon could easily be the real ace of the staff next year. Buerhle, Colon, Loaiza and Garland are a good staff and we need to add #5.

I disagree. The White Sox should go and make their arms strong by having 4 starters and a backup guy in the pen to back em up for them givin up runs and heck even to start on day five if needed.

Well thank god Tony G played today. There's no way Jose is coming back next year on that bloated salary. He almost went to Baltimore a few years back, and I think he'll be picked up by the O's in FA if we find a replacement for him (Matsui, Eckstein, Guzman etc.)

Well thank god Tony G played today. There's no way Jose is coming back next year on that bloated salary. He almost went to Baltimore a few years back, and I think he'll be picked up by the O's in FA if we find a replacement for him (Matsui, Eckstein, Guzman etc.)

Arn't the O's looking at Tejada and all of them. They do have the money, and I doubt Vlad will go anywhere but the Yankees. So he's the next best FA, and they try every year, but do come up short. We will wait and see. I hope Jose doesn't get the plate apperances.

I for one think the sox absolutely need to resign robbie. He seems to like it here and I think he would take a paycut to stay here, we have no one else at 2b and he is an above average defender and about the only player than can play small-ball on this team.

I doubt Tejada goes to the O's. He wants to play for a contender and not a team that gonna be stuck in mediocrity for a few years. They want guys with some pop, so Jose would probably be a good fit over there. I dunno where Tejada would go actually. Maybe the Mariners if they don't get Kaz, or da Rockies. But me thinks he'll be in a Dodger uniform in 2004.

I think the Dodgers would make the most sense for him. The Rockies won't get him. The Mariners would trade Guillen if they got Tejada. I think they will make a strong push for Matsui. They have the whole Asian look in Seattle; Ichiro, Sasaki, and Hasegawa, he would be comfortable there. This winter is going to be exciting.

I doubt Vlad goes to NYC.  He has stated on many occasions that he likes the quiet of MTL, and wants to play somewhere like that.  Baltimore might be a good idea, as maybe San Diego.

Yeah, his mom, whom he lives with also likes Montreal and will have alot of say. What would make him want to go to the O's or the Padres? They will not be good for a few years, and he isn't going to make the playoffs or win anything important. I hope he does choose for reasons different than money, aswell as I hope he resists the Yankees. I just don't see it happening with their hole in right field.

I don't think Guzman or Eckstein would come here.

I for one think the sox absolutely need to resign robbie.  He seems to like it here and I think he would take a paycut to stay here, we have no one else at 2b and he is an above average defender and about the only player than can play small-ball on this team.

Excellent. I love your sig. How was that made?