**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling Thread V**

Great woman's match, amazingly poor storyline booking.

Made Sasha look like a moron for turning on Bayley and losing.

Absolutely made Bayley an unlikeable character as she continuously looks like a fool.

The past 2-3 weeks of storylines of freindships were all useless in this match. So useless.

And, very obvious predictable winner/outcome.

But still, good wrestling. So, enjoyable match.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 25, 2018 -> 07:51 PM)
Great woman's match, amazingly poor storyline booking.

Made Sasha look like a moron for turning on Bayley and losing.

Absolutely made Bayley an unlikeable character as she continuously looks like a fool.

The past 2-3 weeks of storylines of freindships were all useless in this match. So useless.

And, very obvious predictable winner/outcome.

But still, good wrestling. So, enjoyable match.

Can’t disagree with anything you said here. I agree with the useless alliances storytelling all these weeks which amounted to nothing.

Great match, and loved Alexa retaining (of course) her post match interview was great.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 25, 2018 -> 09:16 PM)
The rousey segment was awesome. Great build

To a lousy match.

I would not call that great by any means. It was average at best. Only thing that saved it was HHH presence as he is phenomenal on the mic. Stephanie is utter cringe and Rouseys poor acting was incredibly noticeable. Angle has serious issues.

Was that the most predictable PPV of all time?

Every single match could have been predicted by a half-awake fan.

Womans chamber: We all knew Alexa wasn't losing.

Mens: We all knew Roman was winning

Matt Hardy winning was predictable.

The Bar winning was extremely predictable

Asuka winning was very predictable.

Rousey signing leading to conflict with HHH/Steph was also predictable.

It's pretty crazy to think about how predictable this event was. That's not a good thing.

Wrestling thrives off the surprises.

Gotta say... raw is unwatchable until after wrestlemania. We have reigns and lesnar build which no one wants to see... authority angle vs rousy which blows, likely nia vs alexa which is awful, a possible return of taker to face cena which again, no one wants to see...

There is some seriously s*** storylines developing..

Reigns vs. Lesnar --> We saw this coming one year in advance. Unbelievably predictable and saad as fans can't get behind either of these guys. Lesnar is a PT who has held the belt for a year and everyone is over his s***. Reigns is self explanatory.

Alexa Bliss vs. Nia (?) - This is a good feud for a B or C level PPV, sure, but for Wrestlemania? God, I hope not. Nia is a fine contributor to the division, but this is absurd as the main event for woman's title on raw. No WM feel at all.

John Cena vs. Undertaker (?) - Cena said this wasn't going to happen, but why state it? What's he going to do on SD? Face Orton? Even worse, get involved in the title picture? Ugly options all around. P.S. NO ONE wants the Undertaker at age 52 at WM in a match.

Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt - Wyatt is DEAD. DEAD. They've buried him so much, when he comes on, I snooze. Hardy at least has some appeal, but every week that he's in a program with Wyatt, his appeal wears off.

Bayley vs. Sasha - This is something that interests me, but they've done it pretty half-ass. This should be a title feud elevating both competitors in a legendary WM match, but instead it's likely heading to a non-title feud at best, and at worst a kick-off show pre match for s***s and giggles. I'm interested in this, but I fully expect a botched storyline 90%.

Rousey vs. Authority - Just lol. Why do the mcmahons need to do this to feed their ego? I read a rumor month(s) ago that Steph wanted to face Rousey at WM to get her name more known to the mainstream as she starts to take over more of the business. That's just f***ing insane ego-wise. The only thing good about this is HHH/Steph obviously know the business, so rousey is in good hands as she learns the ropes. The authority angles always f***ing suck. So, oh well.

It's sad, because the Royal Rumble was actually quite good. Somewhat predictable, but quite good.

It's like WWE ramps up the bull s*** as it heads closer to WM with the legends in full swing and saying f*** you to the wrestlers who break their backs for the business.

Edited by iWin4Ron

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 08:22 PM)
There is some seriously s*** storylines developing..

Reigns vs. Lesnar --> We saw this coming one year in advance. Unbelievably predictable and saad as fans can't get behind either of these guys. Lesnar is a PT who has held the belt for a year and everyone is over his s***. Reigns is self explanatory.

Alexa Bliss vs. Nia (?) - This is a good feud for a B or C level PPV, sure, but for Wrestlemania? God, I hope not. Nia is a fine contributor to the division, but this is absurd as the main event for woman's title on raw. No WM feel at all.

John Cena vs. Undertaker (?) - Cena said this wasn't going to happen, but why state it? What's he going to do on SD? Face Orton? Even worse, get involved in the title picture? Ugly options all around. P.S. NO ONE wants the Undertaker at age 52 at WM in a match.

Matt Hardy vs. Bray Wyatt - Wyatt is DEAD. DEAD. They've buried him so much, when he comes on, I snooze. Hardy at least has some appeal, but every week that he's in a program with Wyatt, his appeal wears off.

Bayley vs. Sasha - This is something that interests me, but they've done it pretty half-ass. This should be a title feud elevating both competitors in a legendary WM match, but instead it's likely heading to a non-title feud at best, and at worst a kick-off show pre match for s***s and giggles. I'm interested in this, but I fully expect a botched storyline 90%.

Rousey vs. Authority - Just lol. Why do the mcmahons need to do this to feed their ego? I read a rumor month(s) ago that Steph wanted to face Rousey at WM to get her name more known to the mainstream as she starts to take over more of the business. That's just f***ing insane ego-wise. The only thing good about this is HHH/Steph obviously know the business, so rousey is in good hands as she learns the ropes. The authority angles always f***ing suck. So, oh well.

It's sad, because the Royal Rumble was actually quite good. Somewhat predictable, but quite good.

It's like WWE ramps up the bull s*** as it heads closer to WM with the legends in full swing and saying f*** you to the wrestlers who break their backs for the business.

And yet you continue to watch

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 08:22 PM)

There would be enough heat between Banks/Bayley that this match wouldn't need a title if it was booked properly -- of course, because they have to protect Asuka's stupid streak, the crucial moment in this feud was basically buried last night. And the streak *is* stupid, because it makes everything predictable and boring. Nobody is saying make her lose clean, but for the love of God, there is no intrigue in anything she does so long as it continues.

So, what's my gripe with this undefeated streak? It's affecting everyone at this point -- even those she's not directly involved with -- and it's flat out hurting the entire division.

The 6 woman tag on RAW highlights the problem with this never ending streak.

Bayley's refusal to tag in for Banks last night *SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MEGA MOMENT* in the evolution of Bayley's character. Should have been being the key words. After Sasha turned on her in the Elimination Chamber, Bayley's refusal to tag in on RAW should have resulted in Banks/Bayley/Asuka LOSING that match. That's how big of a character moment that was for Bayley. But of course, Mrs. Invincible needed to go over to protect the streak, which rendered Bayley's refusal to tag in meaningless. It totally killed how big of a moment that was between Bayley/Banks because they ended up winning regardless.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 08:39 AM)
There would be enough heat between Banks/Bayley that this match wouldn't need a title if it was booked properly -- of course, because they have to protect Asuka's stupid streak, the crucial moment in this feud was basically buried last night. And the streak *is* stupid, because it makes everything predictable and boring. Nobody is saying make her lose clean, but for the love of God, there is no intrigue in anything she does so long as it continues.

So, what's my gripe with this undefeated streak? It's affecting everyone at this point -- even those she's not directly involved with -- and it's flat out hurting the entire division.

The 6 woman tag on RAW highlights the problem with this never ending streak.

Bayley's refusal to tag in for Banks last night *SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MEGA MOMENT* in the evolution of Bayley's character. Should have been being the key words. After Sasha turned on her in the Elimination Chamber, Bayley's refusal to tag in on RAW should have resulted in Banks/Bayley/Asuka LOSING that match. That's how big of a character moment that was for Bayley. But of course, Mrs. Invincible needed to go over to protect the streak, which rendered Bayley's refusal to tag in meaningless. It totally killed how big of a moment that was between Bayley/Banks because they ended up winning regardless.

I agree that the Banks/Bayley moment was lost there, however, they could have just as easily done that moment in a 2on2 Banks+Bayley vs. James + Bliss for example and not had Asuka/Nia be part of the match.

I'm a fan of Asuka and the streak, I think it has helped the division in some respects, but I understand your points here. I only hope that they use the streak to elevate a talent properly. For that, they must let a true babyface defeat her such as Bayley, Kairi Sane, Becky Lynch.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 07:25 AM)
You know it's logically consistent to be a critic of something that you are a fan of, right?

Try to stick with the details and not useless spam please.

But is it really “logically consistent” (whatever that means)? Every single one your posts is not only critical but pure cynical, hateful and gloomy. You have nothing good to say and it’s been going on for months now. If you don’t like it- to the extent of 7 words you had to use asterisks in- find a new hobby.

Everyone here is passionate about the White Sox but no one is as pessimistic about them as you are about the WWE.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 08:48 AM)
I agree that the Banks/Bayley moment was lost there, however, they could have just as easily done that moment in a 2on2 Banks+Bayley vs. James + Bliss for example and not had Asuka/Nia be part of the match.

I'm a fan of Asuka and the streak, I think it has helped the division in some respects, but I understand your points here. I only hope that they use the streak to elevate a talent properly. For that, they must let a true babyface defeat her such as Bayley, Kairi Sane, Becky Lynch.

The problem with the streak is that in the end, it will only really help one person, and even that'll be momentary at best. Once the streak is busted, other people defeating Asuka doesn't mean nearly as much anymore, and on top of that, the problem comes in the fact that the person that does beat Asuka -- let's say it's Bayley, or Lynch, or Banks for instance -- so what? So one of them toppled Asuka, meanwhile Bliss and Charlotte have both beaten *all of them* from pillar to post for years...so what's it really mean in the end?

It's just too much of a time investment to end up meaning practically nothing.

The only way an undefeated streak ends up meaning anything is if you have 2 characters with similar streaks of similar length that have never met one on one -- and when they do meet there would be actual intrigue as to who will win...but that's not what's going to happen.

In the end, this streak ending amounts to nothing, because no matter who you have beat her, someone will have already beaten that person...so at best it becomes a footnote of a bragging right.

Bayley: I'm the one that defeated the undefeatable Asuka!

Bliss: And? I've beaten you like 9 times.

Baylay: Oh.

Whatever.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 12:47 PM)
The Reigns promo was great last night. Painting him as the company man (because he is) and raising some questions about Brock (even if fake) is the right way to go.

Absolutely agree on this. It felt emotionally driven from the "company man", and that's why it worked. This is how Reigns needs to always talk.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 10:25 PM)
Welp, we all know who's winning the MMC too. I will still watch it because it's pure entertainment compared to the weekly shows.

Yet another thing this stupid streak is ruining.

First, I agree that Reigns promo on Lesnar was great. Maybe the best Reigns promo I've seen.

Next, f*** Brock Lesnar. This guy is a cancer to the industry. He's holding out and disappearing for contractual reasons? Apparently he's gone over on the number of dates so he's no-showing? I don't know if this is all true or just a work, but regardless, f*** this guy. I wish WWE would just let him go.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys welcome back just in time for Wrestlemania! 2 weeks away, I actually have been liking the build and match set up so far. Hate the whole Rousey thing, but willing to let it show itself before I comment further! Rousey is cringeworthy at times, wow!

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 10:55 AM)
Hi guys welcome back just in time for Wrestlemania! 2 weeks away, I actually have been liking the build and match set up so far. Hate the whole Rousey thing, but willing to let it show itself before I comment further! Rousey is cringeworthy at times, wow!

I am actually going to wrestlemania. Never been to a WWE show before.

Not that pumped by the card either, hopefully i'll be able to drum up some excitement before next sunday.

:chair

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 04:27 PM)
I am actually going to wrestlemania. Never been to a WWE show before.

Not that pumped by the card either, hopefully i'll be able to drum up some excitement before next sunday.

:chair

Sweet! That's going to be an amazing experience, I'm sure! The matches aren't that bad! Sure, Reigns vs. Lesnar sucks, but I am really interested in the triple threat for the IC title, and the four-way for the US title. Also rumor has it that the SD tag titles will be in a TLC match which would make it very fun to watch. The battle Royals are always a fun treat even if they mean nothing and then you got a dream match with AJ and Nak.

I'm really looking forward to it!

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 09:43 AM)
Sweet! That's going to be an amazing experience, I'm sure! The matches aren't that bad! Sure, Reigns vs. Lesnar sucks, but I am really interested in the triple threat for the IC title, and the four-way for the US title. Also rumor has it that the SD tag titles will be in a TLC match which would make it very fun to watch. The battle Royals are always a fun treat even if they mean nothing and then you got a dream match with AJ and Nak.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Yeah, there is some good stuff. I wanted Strowman vs Lesnar but I guess everyone knew that would never happen.