2018 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

I'm not sure what kind of financial constraints the Cleveland Indians are going through, but if I was them or if I was a fan of their team, I'd be furiously upset about rebuilding.

They have a CLEAR path to the division title AND have one of the best rotations in baseball. Kluber/Carrasco/Bauer are front line starters and Clevinger/Bieber/Salazaar are fantastic options at 4/5. 

To go with that, they have 2 of the very best hitters in baseball in Jo-Ram and Lindor complemented by Edwin in their lineup. 

Go out and sign a few guys and the Tribe has a chance at a WS title.

This talk about rebuilding from them is insane.

19 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I'm not sure what kind of financial constraints the Cleveland Indians are going through, but if I was them or if I was a fan of their team, I'd be furiously upset about rebuilding.

They have a CLEAR path to the division title AND have one of the best rotations in baseball. Kluber/Carrasco/Bauer are front line starters and Clevinger/Bieber/Salazaar are fantastic options at 4/5. 

To go with that, they have 2 of the very best hitters in baseball in Jo-Ram and Lindor complemented by Edwin in their lineup. 

Go out and sign a few guys and the Tribe has a chance at a WS title.

This talk about rebuilding from them is insane.

There's no talk of the Indians rebuilding. You don't rebuild with 4 good starters and Lindor and Ramirez. That's a good start. They just need to re-tool a bit.

Making a few players available to gauge interest to try to improve other areas =/= rebuilding.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Making a few players available to gauge interest to try to improve other areas =/= rebuilding.

Absolutely... however if they choose to do a rebuild as some rumors are speculating, I'd consider them insane and it would be a reason for their fans to move on from that team. 

27 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

As I said above, that doesn't suggest rebuild. It would be moving contracts/money and reallocating it. Trading Kluber should/would get them a few top prospects likely close to helping out. Think of a swap with the Yankees where they could get Frazier back for him and they have a corner OF bat. Not saying that's a perfect deal but an example.

If it was a rebuild, you'd see Bauer, Salazar, Lindor and Ramirez on that list of guys they would listen on.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

As I said above, that doesn't suggest rebuild. It would be moving contracts/money and reallocating it. Trading Kluber should/would get them a few top prospects likely close to helping out. Think of a swap with the Yankees where they could get Frazier back for him and they have a corner OF bat. Not saying that's a perfect deal but an example.

If it was a rebuild, you'd see Bauer, Salazar, Lindor and Ramirez on that list of guys they would listen on.

Fair point, my terminology was wrong then with me using 'rebuild.'

As a fan, I'd be pissed if they started to sell pieces tho.