Sarah Sanders denied food

greg775

Greg, if OJ Simpson walked into a restaurant in Kansas and was refused service, would you have a problem with that? Or would you consider the town mean?

SHS is not a nice person. She's shown her true colors. She couldn't wait to post what happened to her on twitter because she knew her followers would eat it all up.

You also have to consider there probably is a good chance this restaurant employs or has employed many immigrants. Her policy against these people is well known. Frankly, if I was her, I wouldn't dare eat at a restaurant. I would think odds are heightened that her cheese board was a bit "tainted" if you know what I mean.

Edited by Dick Allen

She can date #bbqbecky and the white woman who called the police on the little girl outside of AT&T Park for having the temerity to be entrepreneurial by selling water.

When’s the last time a black prison called the police on the Girl Scouts cookie crew or a local lemonade stand...probably about never?

51 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Pretty dumb protest on the part of the restaurant owners...all this does is embolden Trump supporters. Maxine Waters made it 100 times worse with her statement over the weekend. Sanders is now a martyr for the cause.

I generally agree that this was a stupid protest on the part of the restaurant owner (though it is clearly distinguishable from denying services to a protected class).  The Us vs. Them narrative has been Trump's bread and butter with his supporters, and this is fuel to that fire.

It's really, really annoying to me, however, that this stuff is effective.  Sanders in one breath says that a baker does not have to provide services to an LGBTQ couple, and in the next breath is complaining about services denied to her.  The President of the United States and his press secretary are attacking a private business (again) because they disagree with the owner's politics.  Political norms just keep getting shattered by the administration. 

If Trump personally went to the border and shot an illegal immigrant (probably has never shot a gun, so I’dm doubtful) or killed a black person in broad daylight on 5th & Broadway...I actually believe he’d get an approval spike of 3-5%.  

That’s the scary part about our country today.  The seething resentment on both sides just boiling over.   The Left is tired of getting walked over, being willing to compromise or working in a bipartisan fashion...why?  There’s been zero payoff in the last 20-25 for being “reasonable” in politics.  Bill Clinton was “reasonable” to Republicans because he torched the social safety net, worked to make criminal justice even lest just and ended welfare as we know it.  What has the Left gotten?  The tepid ACA, which has practically been wiped out except for the sheer incompetence of the GOP to actually govern (giving away our future with unpaid tax cuts and spending nearly $1 trillion on defense is not exactly hard to do) or even to articulate a foreign affairs/diplomatic policy.  Seriously, then plan is really Jared Kushner to bring peace in the Middle East?  How low does our country have to sink before we bottom out and rebound?

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Greg, if OJ Simpson walked into a restaurant in Kansas and was refused service, would you have a problem with that? Or would you consider the town mean?

SHS is not a nice person. She's shown her true colors. She couldn't wait to post what happened to her on twitter because she knew her followers would eat it all up.

You also have to consider there probably is a good chance this restaurant employs or has employed many immigrants. Her policy against these people is well known. Frankly, if I was her, I wouldn't dare eat at a restaurant. I would think odds are heightened that her cheese board was a bit "tainted" if you know what I mean.

I actually thought of that. Now public figures have to worry about their food being poisoned or tampered with. I did figure they did Sanders a favor. The chef probably would have messed with the food. Although that is illegal. If you sicken somebody purposely you could go to jail. There probably was at least one Trumpie in the kitchen who would have called the cops.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

As far as OJ, damn I don't know. I think you have to serve him as well. He served his time and got probation for that crime. As far as the other one, he got exonerated so what has he done wrong in the eyes of the law? I'd serve O.J. One thing crazy about OJ Simpson, if he is a pathological killer and most say he had to be the one to brutally murder two people, how has he stopped murdering? I don't know how you could commit one violent crime then just stop. Maybe he's convinced himself he's no murderer and it was a dream.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I actually thought of that. Now public figures have to worry about their food being poisoned or tampered with. I did figure they did Sanders a favor. The chef probably would have messed with the food. Although that is illegal. If you sicken somebody purposely you could go to jail. There probably was at least one Trumpie in the kitchen who would have called the cops.

I wouldn't think poison, but spit on it, put some snot in it. Put the cheese in your underwear for a bit...stuff like that. If she dines out a lot, I would bet she's had her food messed with.

28 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I wouldn't think poison, but spit on it, put some snot in it. Put the cheese in your underwear for a bit...stuff like that. If she dines out a lot, I would bet she's had her food messed with.

Damn. So gross to think about. Really, whoever would spit in somebody's food or stick the cheese in one's pants then give it to somebody to eat is a despicable human being. I mean it's not funny, it's really sub-human behavior. Our country is a mess right now. It really says a lot about Trump that he's hated so much by everybody. You'd think Hollywood would actually like him. Didn't he host Celebrity Apprentice as well as Apprentice? He's part of the Hollywood crowd but they hate him almost universally. Didn't Hollywood love Reagan cause he was also one of their own?

27 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Damn. So gross to think about. Really, whoever would spit in somebody's food or stick the cheese in one's pants then give it to somebody to eat is a despicable human being. I mean it's not funny, it's really sub-human behavior. Our country is a mess right now. It really says a lot about Trump that he's hated so much by everybody. You'd think Hollywood would actually like him. Didn't he host Celebrity Apprentice as well as Apprentice? He's part of the Hollywood crowd but they hate him almost universally. Didn't Hollywood love Reagan cause he was also one of their own?

If one were human, then ripping kids away from their parents and shipping them across the country and having them sleeping on the floor beneath plastic emergency blankets would be considered sub-human behavior, but it's pretty clear you're ok with that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

If one were human, then ripping kids away from their parents and shipping them across the country and having them sleeping on the floor beneath plastic emergency blankets would be considered sub-human behavior, but it's pretty clear you're ok with that.

I said on here I was against the separation of kids from parents. I've said many times I dislike Trump but everybody thinks that's not true. You know, some people can dislike certain members of their own party. Some people can root for government officials to have success no matter the party. Obama wasn't universally praised but I respect the guy and liked him. I dislike Trump; how many times can I say it. I know ... I'm lying. I have some hidden Trump agenda.

Sorry that I feel the doctoring of food is gross and sickens me and makes me think that behavior is sub-human as well.

Edited by greg775

On 6/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, greg775 said:

Did you see that Sarah Sanders and her family members (including small kids) were denied food at a Virginia restaurant because the owner was offended she works for Trump? Me sees a double standard here.

There's absolutely been NO OUTRAGE. Meanwhile, the much-publicized case of the store owner who wouldn't serve (bake a cake) the gay couple that wanted to buy a wedding cake for their wedding received coverage every day or week for 2 years. ... Hmmm, that went to the courts. Sanders was denied the same type of service. She and her family wanted dinner. What if she claims it caused terrible distress to one of her kids that was hungry?

Again, I'm not saying Donnie Trump is good (anybody with a brain knows our president is a clown and all that) but .... what's the difference in the cases, folks? Should Sarah Sanders take this to court?? If not why not? And why does the left never back the right in any instance? 

And yes I started a new thread on this. Shoot me for trying to contribute to the board.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sarah-sanders-says-red-hen-virginia-restaurant-owner-told-her-to-leave-2018-06-23/

It's not a double standard, Greg, no more than being required to register your car but not your gun is a double standard, at least. One has legal protection/requirement, the other does not. Neither political alignment nor employment status are legally protected from discrimination, while sexuality is.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:01 AM, greg775 said:

OMG did you see the great Ben Shapiro's tweet tonight? Folks, there is a genius on soxtalk named Greg. I posted mine way before his Tweet. 

Ben ShapiroVerified account @benshapiro
1. It's terrible if a Christian baker won't use his services for the benefit of a same-sex wedding. 2. It's awesome if a Leftist restaurant order refuses service to a Republican public official. Pick one.

1) You first, Ben.

2) I thought Shapiro was a lawyer? He should understand the clear legal difference between an attribute protected from discrimination by the law and an attribute not afforded such protections.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:30 AM, caulfield12 said:

This will really get Greg riled up....

Yet, according to (ethics chief) Walter Shaub, using Sanders’ official WH account (@PressSec) broke government ethics rules.

“Sarah, I know you don’t care even a tiny little bit about the ethics rules, but using your official account for this is a clear violation of 5 CFR 2635.702(a),” Shaub wrote. “It’s the same as if an ATF agent pulled out his badge when a restaurant tried to throw him/her out.”

He added that she also broke the endorsements ban rule too because she “used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons.”

Sanders used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons. Seeks to coerce business by using her office to get public to pressure it. Violates endorsements ban too, which has an obvious corollary for discouraging patronage. Misuse reg covers both.

Opening sentences of 5 CFR 2635.702 cover both; 702(a) gives example of coercion; 702(c) gives example of endorsement. Also 2635.101(b)(8) bars preferential treatment, with obvious corollary for singling out. She can lob attacks on her own time but not using her official position or government Twitter account.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/former-ethics-chief-calls-sarah-sanders-tweet-about-getting-booted-from-red-hen-clear-violation-of-ethics-rules/

Yet another crime of the Trump administration that will go unpunished.

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

I said on here I was against the separation of kids from parents. I've said many times I dislike Trump but everybody thinks that's not true. You know, some people can dislike certain members of their own party. Some people can root for government officials to have success no matter the party. Obama wasn't universally praised but I respect the guy and liked him. I dislike Trump; how many times can I say it. I know ... I'm lying. I have some hidden Trump agenda.

Sorry that I feel the doctoring of food is gross and sickens me and makes me think that behavior is sub-human as well.

Note the language you choose. 

Ripping kids from their parents and putting them in cages: "I'm against it but I root for him to have success".

Tampering with someone's food "Sub-human".

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think this family has nearly learned the lesson about how ugly this world can be. I think what we need to do is have armed individuals separate them forcibly from their parents, move both groups to isolated rooms, leave the kids contained in areas surrounded by metal interlock fencing for several days (Mrs. Huckabee-Sanders is ok with this as long as you don't call them cages), deny any requests by the parents for information on where their kids are, send those kids on a cross country flight or two, keep them detained for a period of weeks, and maybe let them speak to her again in a month or two. 

After all, which ugliness got your attention, all that, or this?

Maybe even have her kids adopted by an American family, which has already happened to a number of the detained kids.

Put me down in the camp of, we shouldnt be detaining children and we shouldnt be messing with people's foods just because they disagree with us.

I know Im in the minority, but really is it that hard to be courteous to people, even if they disagree? When I go to a restaurant, I certainly hope people dont mess with my food because they disagree with me. 

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Put me down in the camp of, we shouldnt be detaining children and we shouldnt be messing with people's foods just because they disagree with us.

I know Im in the minority, but really is it that hard to be courteous to people, even if they disagree? When I go to a restaurant, I certainly hope people dont mess with my food because they disagree with me. 

So the person disagrees with you on taking kids from their families and losing them in the system as punishment for requesting asylum in the US. You're ok with that and consider their sincere belief that we need tender age shelters to hold kids pulled from their parents to be just another political disagreement?

Is there a line where you say "no, this isn't ok as a political disagreement anymore"? Or if I pull out the most extreme examples I can from the last year, you're ok with all of them?

10 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I'm not saying messing with her food is OK. I think it's disgusting and should be considered, if it is not, a crime. But I would bet it's happened. It's happened to a lot of people. Probably most of us at least once.