4/14 Games - Cease Day

DirtySox

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

According to baseball Reference he is 1,8 years younger than the weighted average age for all the batters in the league so Jack;s answer was wrong.

Yes, but actual prospects are a year early from the average age of the league, or at least that's what I've found. Also, Career minor leaguers boost the average age up at every level other than rookie/low A. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, but actual prospects are a year early from the average age of the league, or at least that's what I've found. Also, Career minor leaguers boost the average age up at every level other than rookie/low A. 

So you have some kind of reference you can point out to me to support you statement or are you just trying to say anything to support your inaccuracy to try to sound  more informed than you really are ? I didn't know there was some place that kept these age related  stats for "actual prospects ".

31 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So you have some kind of reference you can point out to me to support you statement or are you just trying to say anything to support your inaccuracy to try to sound  more informed than you really are ? I didn't know there was some place that kept these age related  stats for "actual prospects ".

Most actual prospects make their MLB debut at age 22-24, If the average age of AA is 23 that means that an actual prospect in AA would be a year or two younger. There is no anecdotal evidence, just a trend that I've noticed over two plus decades following baseball. If a prospect is in an "age appropriate" level I question whether or not that player is actually a prospect. Real prospects are ahead of the average age of the level. Go look up what the average age of a league and the top 100 guys on MLB pipeline. You'll find that I'm correct. Most players that make their MLB debut at age 24 or 25 had a major injury in the minors that affected their development. Minor league players that don't make it to AAA by age 23 are teetering on non-prospect status. There are the occasional prospects that make a huge leap after repeating AA, but those guys are rare. 

Edited by Jack Parkman