4/28 Games

flavum

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Remember when you yelled at me that Eloy wouldn't get hurt just because he was playing the outfield....or that Cuonzo Martin is a good coach   :)

Cuonzo is a good coach and I said he wouldn’t die. Both were true.

33 minutes ago, bmags said:

GET A DOG

He has 7 Ks in the last three games, and a 27% k-rate overall. Sox fans freak out when dudes get rushed up and totally suck, but never seem to learn to not beg for the same exact mistake in the future. What's the rush with this guy? He's 1.6 years younger than the average at WS. Let him spend his age-21 season there, his age-22 season at B'ham, and start his age-23 season at Charlotte, working towards a late season call-up in 2021. There is NO rush.

1 minute ago, The Sir said:

He has 7 Ks in the last three games, and a 27% k-rate overall. Sox fans freak out when dudes get rushed up and totally suck, but never seem to learn to not beg for the same exact mistake in the future. What's the rush with this guy? He's 1.6 years younger than the average at WS. Let him spend his age-21 season there, his age-22 season at B'ham, and start his age-23 season at Charlotte, working towards a late season call-up in 2021. There is NO rush.

Many scouts thought he was MLB ready when we signed him in 2017 and you want him to stay in the minors until late 2021? Who cares about k-rate when the guy hits lasers every time he makes contact? What does he have to gain from that? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Many scouts thought he was MLB ready when we signed him in 2017 and you want him to stay in the minors until late 2021? Who cares about k-rate when the guy hits lasers every time he makes contact? What does he have to gain from that? 

Well, because Yoan hits the dogshit out of the ball every time he makes contact, but last year posted a .714 OPS because he struck out 33% of the time. So, uh, k-rate is a bit important, I think.

3 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Well, because Yoan hits the dogshit out of the ball every time he makes contact, but last year posted a .714 OPS because he struck out 33% of the time. So, uh, k-rate is a bit important, I think.

A .714 OPS from a 22 year old in MLB is bad? 

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

And it ruined his career