Sign in to follow this  
Rankin

FS: Mid-Season Top 30 - Just Missed

It’s rankings week! The FutureSox staff put together a “just missed” piece relating to several talented White Sox prospects who narrowly missed the cut of being in the top 30. 

Read about the names of several potential future Sox big leaguers. 

• Like 1

I read "Mieses bats and throws left-handed and has the look of a prototypical right fielder."and thought, it said "Misses bats and throws left-handed and has the look of a prototypical right fielder" and my reaction was "Oh, a two way player!"   

I'll have to see the rest of the top 30 (namely in the 15-30 range) to really comment on the snubs.

Harvin Mendoza

Lency Delgado

Benyamin Bailey

Ronald Guzman 

Albeit very far away, but at least there’s some intriguing young talent to come after the big name prospects. I Suspect most of the 14(ish) through 30 prospects on the upcoming list I won’t think will have a shot in hell at being big league contributors. The top of the list is nice of course so I shouldn’t complain too much, but I feel like our overall depth is lacking for being multi years into a rebuild. Not much trade depth at all to be aggressive with. Good thing we didn’t have any international $ to spend or anything 🙄

I’m going to guess the Top 30 consists of the following guys:

• Corner Infield (4): Vaughn, Sheets, Burger, Krogman
  • Middle Infield (4): Madrigal, Sosa, Sanchez, Rodriguez
  • Outfield (8): Robert, Walker, Basabe, Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Bush, Beard
  • Catcher (1): Collins
  • LH Pitching (2) Pilkington, Flores
  • RH Pitching (11): Kopech, Cease, Dunning, Stiever, Dalquist, Thompson, Lambert, Hamilton, Johnson, Hansen, Burdi
Edited by Chicago White Sox

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Any surprises in here, guys? 

I’d say Heuer not making the top 30 is probably the biggest surprise, but given the reliever profile I can understand why he missed the cut.

I'm surprised Bilous wasn't named as a just missed unless he's on FS top 30 (which I would agree with personally). 

Pretty sure I will find this list infinitely more watchable than much of the 15-30, especially the relievers.

Gladney, J Rodriguez, Beard made top 30 which is nice. 

Waiting by my interwebs for a Jake Burger callup. 

14 hours ago, pcq said:

Waiting by my interwebs for a Jake Burger callup. 

Still rooting for this kid but so frustrating seeing him sidelined playing video games and watching soccer