The George Springer Paradox

Look at Ray Ray Run

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The entirety of the minor leagues has significantly more pitching depth than a single organization; you also don't see the same guy over and over again which is a big advantage to the hitter. When you pair familiarity with the depth fact it means a much more friendly hitting environment. Vaughn better be raking, as should be Kelenic.

Except isn't all of the depth of the organization.  It is their top prospects and their 40 man roster guys for the most part.  I am sure the 4th and 5th guys on an AA roster are worse than the guys we are seeing on a daily basis in these camps.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Except isn't all of the depth of the organization.  It is their top prospects and their 40 man roster guys for the most part.  I am sure the 4th and 5th guys on an AA roster are worse than the guys we are seeing on a daily basis in these camps.

I don't really feel like going back and looking through everyone on the Mariners roster, but the Texas League last year (where Kelenic plays) has the Dodgers AA affiliate, Cardinals, Oakland, Houston, Padres, Royals and Rangers. 

Those AA pitching staffs encompass way more top prospects than the Mariners system on it's own. The funny thing is Clayton Kershaw also made a start in the Texas League last year. 

It is easier to play vs your teammates - even if they are better in some cases - than it is to play against other teams series after series.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't really feel like going back and looking through everyone on the Mariners roster, but the Texas League last year (where Kelenic plays) has the Dodgers AA affiliate, Cardinals, Oakland, Houston, Padres, Royals and Rangers. 

Those AA pitching staffs encompass way more top prospects than the Mariners system on it's own. The funny thing is Clayton Kershaw also made a start in the Texas League last year. 

It is easier to play vs your teammates - even if they are better in some cases - than it is to play against other teams series after series.

But only for the hitters apparently.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

But only for the hitters apparently.

Yes, it is easier to hit against people you see more often. I don't know why this is breaking news to you... familiarity benefits the hitter more than the pitcher. 

If I see a slider and fastball from the same angle, same pitcher, same velo day after day that benefits me. I become comfortable with the release and the angle the pitch comes in. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run